Chapter 1-arriving

I wake up surrounded by darkness and dusty air. My hand touches the cold gitter floor as I try to sit up. I'm sweating but freezing at the same time and I can't think of anything.

Where am I? I stumble and fall onto the ground again. I have to concentrate. I breathe in deeply and out again. Slowly my eyes become clearer and I can see my surroundings. I'm in something like a cage filled with boxes. And I'm moving. Shit. The cage is going up and it's getting faster and faster. I crawl to the corner next to me and press my legs against my body. I have no idea where I am or where I'm going and its driving me insane. In the corner of my eye I see a box with letters on it. WCKD. What the hell does that mean?

I have a headache and I feel sick from the movement of the cage I'm in. When I touch my head I feel long thick hair under my fingers. I realize that I have no idea what I look like. Panic overcomes me and I let my hands slide over my body in an attempt to find something familiar. Nothing. My body is a girls body and my hair is long and dark. Im thin. My clothes are sweaty and uncomfortable. I have goosebumps and Im scared for my live. Whoever did this to me is pure evil.

When I feel like I cant bare another minute in this cage, I suddenly see a stone ceiling above me, coming closer every second. But the cage doesn't seem to slow down. The impact is going to hurt, I think. I prepare myself by closing my eyes and holding my breath. The cage crashes into the ceiling and stops.

Silence. I'm to afraid to move so I stay in the exact same position. But then a szenario comes into my mind. What if someone wants to kill me and will come here to get me. Maybe I should hide until I know more. I wish I had something like a weapon. I'm completely defenseless. Frantically I search for something to fight whatever will be coming. I open a box next to me and find ropes and a hammer. I open the next box and find a few knives and an axe. I grab the biggest knife and go back to the corner to hide myself. It's silent again. Then I hear voices from afar. Hopefully I'm not in danger, but it sure feels like it.

Suddenly the ceiling is moving with a long, laud noise. It appears to be two stone slabs moving in two different directions and creating an opening in the middle. Light shines through the opening and blinds me. The voices get louder and I try to see something but the sun is to bright. It takes a few moments for the ceiling to open completely. The next thing I see when I lift the arm that was shielding my eyes are people, standing above the cage in a circle.

They try to look inside and lean closer. I can't see much, but they are all boys. Teenage boys. Maybe fifty. Now I'm afraid.

One of the boys carefully jumps down the cage and looks around. ,,Guys there isn't anybody here." the boy says glancing up to the others. ,,Of course there is Thomas, the dumb shank's hiding. Just find him." a tall guy answers him annoyed. Thomas, the guy with me in the cage turns around and walks closer to me. I hold my breath again and press the knive against my stomach. Thats when he notices me. His eyes widen and he steps back again now seeming shocked. ,,Thomas what do you see?" someone asks. The guy, Thomas, looks up and says ,, It's a girl." he then looks back down, staring at me and examining every detail of me.

The boys above don't react calmly to what the guy told them. Some yell and others make weird comments. They all try to get a better look at me and push others out of their way.

However, Thomas's eyes keep staring into mine. Curiousness is written all over his face. He slowly comes closer to me, to which I press stronger against the wall behind me. He seems to notice that and his face softens, now almost looking caring.

He takes another step towards me, when I realize I have a knife in my lab. I take it and hold it in his direction. He raises his eyebrows at the knive, but doesn't seem to be affected by it. "Hey, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." he says in a friendly tone.