Epilogue+a/n

The sun is shining down on my face brightly. It's an early afternoon and everyone enjoys the good weather in silence. It's a peaceful atmosphere and the only noises are dimmed voices from far away and the sea. The smell of grass and flowers fills my nose and I inhale it with a deep breath.

It has been a year since we arrived at the safe haven. I loved it the second I set my feet on the ground. We all worked really hard to make it the place it is today. Our home.

The ship that brought us here is still standing in the harbor. We spent time in it on our first few days here but now it's barely used. The tents are still standing all over the place but we replaced some of them with huts and extensions.

Thomas and I got our little hut next to the field we are sitting on right now. Due to the sun eruptions, the weather is warm all the time so we have flowers the whole year.

When I am not helping injured people together with Jeff and my sister I spend most of my time here or at the beach. Thomas joins me every free minute he has.  He became an explorer together with Minho, as they planned.

Newt is a gardener. Fry's a cook. More like the Cook. Everyone loves his food. And the others pretty much got what they wanted too.

Ethan even got a girlfriend. Sonya and him became very close friends at first and then a month ago or so they confessed their feelings for each other.

I think Newt also met someone but he just won't tell me who. I'll find out eventually anyway.

If I would tell the sad girl back in the maze about where I am right now she wouldn't believe me. Sometimes I don't believe it myself. We really got the future we deserve in the end.

"What are you thinking about?" Thomas's soft voice interrupts my thoughts. His head is laying in my lab and he looks up at me with a sweet smile.

I play with a few strands of his hair as I lock eyes with him. He still manages to make me nervous even after all this time. I never once regretted coming with him to the safe haven.

"I just thought that I would do all of it again if it meant ending up where we are right now." I say softly. "With you." I add with a grin.

He smiles too. "So would I."

"Good." I chuckle. Then I let my eyes wander off to the sea again. It has the colour of a beautiful dark blue. Thomas's and my favorite colour.

What I said is the truth. It was all worth it in the end.

A/n

Happy endings are the best for sure

Okay so I just finished my first fanfiction...
Thank you sm for reading it and I really hope you enjoyed!!!

I am already writing my second book. I will publish it eventually, but not yet. Oh and it'll be another Thomas fanfiction!! who would have thought that-
I still need a title tho
(and it'll also be longer)

Kay bye xx

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 - maze runner, Thomas 🎉