Chapter 13-Brenda and Jorge

"Where is Ruby?! Where is she?!" I hear a familiar voice screaming my name. "Ruby!"

I'm to shocked to speak. The thunderstorm ended a few minutes ago, just as quickly as it began.

I haven't looked around yet. I don't wanna face the death. I know we lost a lot of people. Saying I'm scared would be an understatement.

"Where is she?!" I hear Thomas again. He is looking for me. I can hear the fright in his tone.

The others are probably too shocked to answer him. I guess he doesn't see me because I'm sitting on the ground between garbage, furniture and other things.

The building hasn't been cleaned up for a long time.

When I hear Thomas voice for the third time, I shot up. I don't want him to be in pain. I don't want him to think I'm dead.

I stand up weakly. I see him looking around the building. He turns around and sees me.

Relief fills his expression immediately. He runs over to me and wraps his arms around me tightly. So tightly I can't even breathe.

"Oh god, I'm so glad you're alive!" he says into my hair, while holding my head against his chest and hugging my waist firmly.

I hug him back weakly. No words leave my mouth. I only realise the pain in my legs when I lean myself against him.

He parts us and cups my face to check me for any injuries. I examine his face too. He has a few scratches, but nothing serious. Thank god.

"Are you hurt? Are you okay? Did you fall?"

"Only for you." I crock a smile. He sighs.

"I'm serious, Ruby. Are you hurt?"

"No I don't think so. Are you?"

"No."

I get out of his grip to look around the building. The gladers are all sitting around me. Some of them are crying. A few have really bad injuries on their arms and legs.

I count them. First my friends. Newt. Minho. Jeff. Fry. Ethan. Teresa. They are alive. Winston and Zart are too. Two other boys are there too.

Together with Thomas and I, we are twelve people. Twelve out of thirty. I let a few tears fall.

Alby isn't here. Clint's dead too. And a few other boys that I talked to in the glade.

I see the asian boy getting up from the ground and walking over to me.

He hugs me out of nowhere. I hug him back in surprise.

"You saved my live, princess. Again. Thank you!"

I let go of him with a smile.

"You would do the same for me."

"Shuck yes I would." he says.

I look behind him. I walk over to Newt and hug him. Then I hug Teresa, Jeff, Ethan and Fry. I'm glad they survived.

Newt seems to struggle with his feelings. Alby just died. The person he new for years. One of his best friends.

I sit down in front of him and take his hands in mine.

"I'm so sorry, Newt."

He looks up at me and nods. He doesn't say anything but he holds onto my hands tightly.

"Ruby, I need your help over here!" I hear Jeff calling me.

He's sitting in front of Winston. Beside him is the bag with medical supplies.

 𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 - maze runner, ThomasOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara