Chapter 17-drugged

"Drink this. You'll feel a lot better." the blonde woman brings a bottle up to my lips once we enter the party.

I try to push it away but the woman has a strong grip and leaves me with no choice but to drink it.

The liquid burns in my mouth and it takes a lot to swallow it completely.

In the corner of my eye I see the man from before threatening Thomas and Brenda with his gun. They are forced to drink something too.

The light is dimmed in here. Everywhere are people. They are dancing to the loud music or doing other stuff I'd rather not see. It smells disgusting. Like sweat and something I can't quite identify.

I feel my vision getting blurry. The dizziness is getting worse with the second.

I get pushed forward by someone and end up between all those dancing people. It's getting harder to see my surroundings and I don't know where the others are.

All I can make out are movements and laughing faces. Someone calls my name. I'm not sure though. I could have imagined it.

I don't notice that my bag and my knife are gone until I reach out for it. Perfect. Now I don't even have a weapon anymore.

The music hurts in my ears. It's way to loud. I want it to stop. I want out. I need fresh air.

Hands and knees touch my body constantly. I don't have any control over my body. I can't talk.

With tears in my eyes I try to get out of the ground but I don't succeed.

I stumble into a group of people who push me back and laugh at me as I fall onto my knees.

I don't even feel embarrassed at this point.

My hands search the ground desperately, looking for my knife. Instead I feel something sharp cutting my hand.

I squint my eyes to see what it is. Turns out it's broken glass.

I don't feel any pain but something warm spreading on my hand. I look down to see blood.

My heart is racing. I can't think clear. Instead of stopping the bleeding I stumble back on my feet and search for the others.

I catch a glimpse of Brenda being held by someone. A man. She tries to free herself, but in her condition it's pointless.

My eyelids get heavier and it's getting harder to stay conscious. I have to find Thomas.

Then I feel a weight pulling me down to the ground. Someone is pressing his hand on my mouth.

I don't have the strength to fight it anymore. A few meters away a person runs in my direction. My vision is blurry but I recognise Thomas.

He doesn't reach me because two people catch him and hold him back.

I roll over so that I'm laying on my back and look up at the ceiling. The stars are shining so beautifully tonight.

Or...? Are they spinning? Oh no!

I try to get away when one of the stars starts to move. It's going to explode any second. We'll all die.

When suddenly one of the stars begins to smile and wink at me it's all too much. I pass out.

                                                 -

"Ruby, please wake up." A voice says. My eyes are closed.

The voice calls my name over and over again. It sounds so far away.

Something is hurting my wrists. And my head hurts too.