Chapter 9-the letter

It's been circa a week since I told Thomas everything. He often tries to cheer me up and it works. It feels better when he knows everything. This way he understands my decisions and stuff.

Thomas is perfect as a boyfriend. He often just kisses my out of nowhere, like in the most random situations. He just comes up to me and kisses me. I'm not complaining though.

James sometimes did weird stuff. One time he came into the bathroom and pressed me against a wall without saying anything. I was so afraid, I couldn't even move. He kissed my neck that day and than I had to hide a mark for three days.

I don't talk to anyone about it. He said he would hurt someone if I do. And I completely believe him. Thomas seems to notice that something is wrong but he doesn't know what to do because I don't tell him.

Tomorrow the box will come up and there's gonna be a new greenie. I hope it'll be a girl. But maybe James will do the same to her. No I want it to be a boy.

Besides James everything is pretty good at the moment. Thomas treats me like I'm a princess or something. It's nice. Newt, Jeff and Minho are great too. I spent a lot of time with them.

I don't do the biting anymore because Thomas would see it and I don't want him to worry. I really love him.

"A penny for your thoughts?" says Newt, sitting beside me on our wooden log.

"You don't have a penny, but sure. I was thinking about the new greenie. If it's a boy or a girl."

"I think it's going to be a boy. But another girl would be great."

"Yeah. And I hope the creators will send me a few clothes in my size and other stuff I need."

"Secretly you like to wear Thomas's clothes." Newt grins at me.

"Maybe." I smile back at him.

Thomas won't be here when the new greenie arrives. He and Minho are in the maze tomorrow. If the greenie's a girl I'm gonna be there for her. Maybe we'll become friends. That would be great.

I don't remember what being friends with a girl feels like. Guy friends are nice. I can't imagine a person nicer than Newt and Jeff. And Thomas of course. Minho can be nice too.

"Where's Thomas?"

"Shouldn't you know that?" Newt answers.

"Well I don't."

"Maybe he's with Minho."

"And where's Minho?"

"With Gally I think." Gally hates Thomas. And Thomas hates Gally.

"There's no chance Thomas is with Gally, Newt."

"You're right." Newt snickers.

I stand up and reach out my hand for him to take so I can help him stand up.

"Thanks." Newt says.

"Let's go find Thomas." I say. I'm not that kind of girlfriend that always has to know where her boyfriend is. I think privacy is important. But I haven't seen Thomas all day and I'm bored.

We find him helping Zart in the garden. Minho is also there, not with Gally. But he's just sitting there and talking to Thomas, while Thomas is really working.

"Hey Thomas, Minho." I wave at them as we come closer.

"Hey princess, how does it feel to not be the greenie anymore in a day?" Minho yells back at me.

"Great." I say before I go to Thomas and kiss him shortly. "Hi." I whisper. "Hi." He responds smiling at me.

Newt and Minho are discussing something and I sit down next to my boyfriend and help him with the plants.