Chapter 26- going for a swim

"I'm warning you, Thomas. Don't. Touch. Me." Giggling, I point my finger at the brunette in front of me. I can't keep myself from grinning brightly but I try to atleast sound threatening.

We are standing with our bare feet in the sea. I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt matching with him. The sun is burning hot today so we decided to cool down a little with our feet in the cold water.

What I didn't mean by that is him pushing me into the water which he just tried a second ago. Luckily I was able to move to the side in the last moment and he missed me.

All he does in response to my threats is laugh and walk closer to me.

"No, no, no, no-" he's one meter away from me now. „No!"

With both his hands wrapping around my waist he lets himself fall backwards into the water, pulling me with him.

I let out a scream before we dive into the water. As soon as we fall in, he lets go of me so that I can swim to the surface and breathe.

"I hate you." With my finger pointing at him he smiles.

"No you don't." He shakes his head. I look up to his lips and grin.

"No I don't." Hugging him to steady myself I kiss him. He kisses me back immediately.

Pressing our bodies together we both bury our hands in the others hair. I'm still slightly out of breath from the laughing.

"Thomas?" I whisper against his lips.

"Yeah?" He doesn't open his eyes.

"I'm hungry."

A laugh escapes his lips. "I thought you were going to say something, like, 'I love you' or-"

Giggling I take his hand and drag him out of the water "I do love you but right now I'm also really hungry."

"I think it's lunchtime anyway. Fry's not gonna be pissed."

I nod my head and walk in the direction of the kitchen when Thomas pulls me back by my hand.

"What?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

His eyes wander down to my shirt "You can't go like this, your shirt is kinda see through."

Indeed it is. My black bra underneath it is very visible. I look back up at him. "Got a problem with that?"

His mouth opens slightly "Oh, no god no I don't have a problem with that. I just thought you wouldn't want that, uh but you can of course wear whatever you want to-"

I press my lips together to prevent myself from laughing at him.

"What's funny?" He smiles unsure.

"You." I lean forward and place a kiss on his lips. "But yes, I do want to change."

He lets out a relieved sigh and smiles at me.

Even though the sun is very bright today we grab two towels for us and a jacket for me before we head to the others.

Fry and a few other guys prepared lunch for all of us. Since we've been here for a few days already the gladers have an own group table. Brenda is sitting with us too because Jorge joined Vince and Mary and she didn't want to sit alone with the adults.

Brenda and I became pretty good friends since we are here. I mean we were friends before but the whole flare thing kinda messed that up.

I'm completely back to my normal self now. There are no more mood swings or anxiety. For the first time in my life I feel happy and free I guess. Well, as far as I can remember.

It's a huge difference to the maze here. The people are nice and they seem to care about eachother. I can't wait to get to the save haven.

"And here is your food." Fry places a large portion of noodles in front of me and Thomas. It's still very hot but it smells fantastic.

"Thanks." Thomas gives Fry a little smile. Smiling is not something he does very often so I assume he is in a good mood today. Of course he smiles at me but that's mostly because I'm me and not his friends or anyone else.

I love that I have this effect on him.

"What are you so happy about?" Minho says in his usual amused tone. He is sitting next to me. Thomas is sitting on my other side.

"None of your business, Minho." A grin is plastered on my face.

"Woah okay." He laughs softly "Sorry to bother you."

"You're not and you know that."

I probably shouldn't tell him that. He has like the biggest ego ever. No need for any compliments.

"Hey, you off for a run later?" He asks. It's been a long time since we did that. I kinda missed it.

"Yeah sure." I tell him.

Teresa seems to have overheard our conversation. "But be careful, Ruby. Until you are fully recovered from the flare you-"

"I already am." I interrupt my sister with a chuckle. I know that she just doesn't want me to get hurt but I'm cured and she doesn't need to worry about me.

"You never know that." Newt adds. He is sitting next to Teresa.

"I do." I say, not quite hiding my annoyance.

"Just saying." Newt mumbles with a smile.

"Well, stop it." I smile back. "I mean it."

The noodles should be cooled down by now. I take my fork and begin to eat. It tastes as good as it smells.

Next to me Minho and Ethan joke about something my boyfriend did earlier this morning. Teresa and Jeff are talking and Newt is grinning at something Brenda said. They are all happy.

"Hey, I gotta show you something later." Thomas lays his hand on my tight gently.

"You do? What?"

"You'll see." He smiles.

                                               -

"Can I open my eyes now?" I ask Thomas impatiently. He has been guiding me around for the past fifteen minutes and I almost faceplanted several times. I know that if I would he would catch me though.

"No, no, no, no, no! Not yet-"

"Relax, I wasn't going to." I chuckle.

"Aaaand-" Thomas steps behind me and lays his hand on my shoulders. "Now you can open your eyes."

I do as I'm told and almost scream when I see the steep abyss right next to my feet. I'm only one foot away from falling off of a cliff.

"Freaking hell!" I stare down at the dark water. Then I turn around in Thomas's arms and glare at him. "You could have warned me."

"But then it wouldn't have been a surprise would it?" Amusement is in his voice. "Look." He turns my body back to the cliff.

I take in the beautiful few. To our right I can see the right arms tents far away. On my left is the sea everywhere I look. The sky is clear but the sun is starting to go down and there is a little purple and red in it.

"It's stunning." I breath out.

"Not as stunning as you." Thomas whispers into my ear.

"Cheesy." I chuckle and lean into him. His chest is still the most comfortable thing in the world.

"Did I earned myself a kiss?" he says jokingly. His arms are still gently wrapped around my waist, spending warmth. It is quite windy up here.

"Hm, yes." I smile and lean my head to the side to kiss him softly.

A/n:

A little cheesy but yeah
I have no idea what to write in here :)