Chapter 20-Mary

I stare at the woman in shock. She knows me?!

"Who are you?" Is all I can get out.

She sighs. She looks like she feels sorry for me. I don't know why.

"I am Mary."

That does answer my question but isn't really helpful.

"You used to know me." she continues.

I look at her confused. The memory loss is shitty.

"What are you doing here? Is it just the three of you?" She sounds genuinely interested and worried.

I wonder what kind of relationship we used to have before the maze.

"How do I know that I can trust you?" I ask the woman.

"Due to your memory loss there is no way to prove it, but I can assure you that I just want to help." she talks to me as if she's talking to a little child.

I don't know what to do. How do I know if she's telling the truth.

Fry and Winston aren't helping either. They just watch our interaction.

"Why are you here?" I ask her. Maybe she'll tell me something that makes me trust her.

"I am here to get medical supplies. I came from the right arm. Do you know about the right arm?"

I do. And something about her seems trustworthy.

They are the ones with the guns anyway. If they would want to hurt us they easily could.

"Yes, Teresa told me about it. We wanted to go there but Thomas got shot." I inform her about the recent events.

"Thomas and Teresa are here too?"

"Yeah." I say hesitantly.

"I can help Thomas. Would you show us where he is?" She asks nicely.

I look at Fry and Winston. Fry shrugs and Winston still looks at Mary.

"Okay."

                                                 -

"Okay guys, don't freak out." I open the door and step inside. They are all looking at me confused.

Then Mary, the guys and the guards come in.

Jorge quickly jumps away from the window and pushes Brenda behind him.

The others look at the guards in fear but don't really do anything. Teresa seems to recognise Mary. She stands up and watches her with a slight frown.

"This is Mary." I announce "She's from the right arm."

Everyone looks at me with wide eyes. Jorge frowns and examines the woman suspicious.

"Teresa?" Mary says, looking at my sister.

She swallows and nods at Mary.

"Were you send into the maze trials too?"

"No."

"Then what happened? What are you doing here?"

How does she know the maze trials? Or Teresa and Thomas. Or me...

I really hope I can trust her.

But all I can think about is about at the moment is Thomas. I want him to wake up. I need to apologise for screaming at him, for hurting him. And for punching the man who ended up shooting him.

It's my fault, I know it. And Thomas knows that too. He will probably hate me when I wake up.

And I deserve it.