In the Dark

The gang were sticking close to each other. They were deep underground where they crashed because of the Moon Animatronic. While trying to find a way, Neo was having trouble with the flashlight.

"Dammit. Work!" Neo said as he keeps hitting on the flashlight.

"It probably needs batteries." Dell suggested.

"It has been a while since we did charge it." Max agreed.

Neo sighed. He knew they're right about the batteries. But without a charging port nearby, they can't do anything about it.

Fortunately, they were able to see clearly enough. There was some form of lights around the area. But the more they look, the more creept out they get. Everywhere they look they see junk on the walls, floor, and everywhere they can find. Not to mention the horrible stench.

"Oh god! It smells awful!" Alaria complained as she covered her nose.

"I think I'm gonna puke." Flynn added while trying to keep it down.

"It must be the sewers. I betcha that's where we're at." Yennsee said while lifting her feet to see her shoes soaked in water.

"Well let's keep moving." Neo said.

They did. And it was long and dark. Max clinched onto Renamon's hand out of fear. Renamon made sure he stayed close and comforts him. Alaria tried to keep her nose closed in order to not smell the horrible stench. Because as a wolf, her scent of smell is heightened. Flynn and Yennsee looked around to make sure they were not being stalked by the crazy Animatronic. So far, everyone was doing well.

After climbing through the stairs, walk through planks, and even opening gates, they saw a charging port for the batteries on the flashlight. Neo rushed towards it and placed the flashlight in it and waits for it to be fully charged.

"We must be getting close." Renamon said.

"Any sign of that psychopath?" Neo asked.

Flynn and Yennsee shook their heads in response. Although they were in the clear, Neo still has the ominous feeling that they were being watched. Perhaps it was the Animatronic waiting for the right chance to strike and kill. When hears a ding, the flashlight was fully charged and ready to be used again. But due to the area showing a dim light, he decided to save the flashlight's power for later.

Eventually, they see a large metal door in the distance. They were approaching when Max suddenly felt another hand grabbing onto him. A metallic hand.

"AAAAH!" Max screamed as the one who grabbed him was the Moon Animatronic. And he was more crazy than ever.

"NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!" He said.

Neo used the flashlight and turned the knob to increase the brightness to blind the Moon Animatronic. It worked as he was screaming in agony while dropping Max only for Renamon to catch him and retreat back to the others. Neo turned around to the others.

"GO! I'LL CATCH UP!"

Waisted no time, and trusting their friend, they opened the door and went through it. Neo followed as he kept the light on the Animatronic before closing the door and locking it. He sighed in relief that they were safe.

As they turned around, they were shocked by the amount of colored papers all around the area. It was all mostly drawn in images, scribbled words, and random things. It was difficult to get around without stepping on the papers. And upstairs, they saw something. They went upstairs only to find out that there were 5 staffbots sitting on each end of a table with a birthday cake in the middle. And they each had different appearances: One was like a boy, another was a teenage male, the third was a girl, the forth was a woman, and the fifth was a man. By the looks of it, they seem to symbolize a family of some sort. But what, they don't know.