Come Together

You're nervous, Venom boldly stated as we went up the elevator. It took us a few hours to get to Demitri's place but I gotta say...I really am nervous.

Demitri and I haven't physically seen each other in years. We've kept in contact, don't get me wrong, but you know how there's a difference between messaging/calling someone and just physically being there and talking to them. I am grateful that he's doing this for me but I still can't help the nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Do you think old feelings would resurface? Venom asked.

No, I love Demitri but just not...not like that anymore.

Does he know that?

I sure hope he does. We might not be together anymore but I still want him in my life. He has always been a good friend to me even before we got together.

The elevator dinged once we came to the right floor. I walked down the hallway until I stopped in front of Apartment 606. Taking a deep breath to ease my nerves, I brought my fist up and knocked on the door. There was a loud cluttering sound before we heard footsteps coming toward the door. When the door opened, I froze in place.

Demitri's shoulder-length hair was cut down short and styled neatly.  He had a little stubble going on, which looked good on him. Demitri was already smiling before he reached over and picked me up in a bear hug.

"Lexa!" he greeted while spinning us around.

Someone's excited to see you, Venom said.

"Demitri, hey," I greeted back. "You can put me down, now."

"Oh, sorry," he said before he went to close the door. "I'm just so happy to see you."

I raised my brow when I noticed he was wearing a nice suit. "Heading out?"

Demitri glanced at his attire. "No, I just came back from a business meeting. I wasn't expecting you for another hour, so, I didn't have enough time to clean."

Sure, 'business meeting,' Venom growled in my head.

Demitri waved at Venom. "Hey, Venom, long time no see." In retaliation, Venom's face came out of mine as he sneered at Demitri. "Still not a fan?" Demitri looked at me. "When did Venom join you?"

"It's been a few months. We're dealing with some crazy bullshit. You know how it goes."

"Yeah. It's a good thing I got out of that business. I do miss the rush but...it really doesn't cover bills. And I'm not all for stealing credit cards and other people's insurance."

"You're a good man, Demitri," I said as I looked around the apartment. It was a bit spacious. He had a terrific view of the town. I walked over toward the window and just gazed outside.

 I walked over toward the window and just gazed outside

He's staring at you, Venom commented. It's getting on my nerves.

I ignored his comment and asked, "Have you gotten anything else on Carnage?"

Demitri broke his gaze. "Just one," he said before going over to the computer. "I've scoured the entire internet in case anyone reported something on a red symbiote or anything weird. When that led to a dead-end, I pulled up the security cameras from the asylum." Demitri pulled up the security footage. "This happened a few minutes after you left."

My eyes widened when I saw the little girl ripping every single doctor in half. Carnage's hands came out of hers as she chucked one of the nurses across the room. She jumped on top of another nurse before bashing her head against the hardwood floor. Bullets were soon flying, Casey jumped off the nurse, perched herself against the wall, and then launched herself toward one of the cops. Her mouth opened wide enough for Carnage's razor sharp teeth to take place before biting the officer's head off. She spat the head out of her mouth toward another oncoming officer. The force was so strong that it managed to go through the officer's chest, tearing him apart, and he fell dead. Casey jumped on the third officer's chest before slashing his face and jumping off. I couldn't handle it anymore and paused the video. It was a blur but you can see Carnage's face up against the camera with his mouth open.

"The entire building was slaughtered when more cops showed up," Demitri continued. I ran my hand down my face. "They searched everywhere but there was no sign of Casey Cassidy."

"Because she's been following us," Venom said as he appeared on my shoulder. He glared at the screen. "My past is coming to bite me in the ass and not in a pleasant way."

"Good thing, Sam and Dean don't know about this," I commented.

"Sam and Dean?" Demitri repeated, making me and Venom look at him. "As in...Winchesters?"

I furrowed my brows. "You know Sam and Dean?"

"Personally, no. Every hunter I know would talk about them. I didn't know you were hunting with them."

"She's only hunting with them because an imposter Bobby Singer told her where they were," Venom informed him. "Only Lexa didn't know he was dead until the Winchesters came after us." He glared at me. "I still think we should kill them."

"We're not killing them," I snapped at Venom.

He rolled his eyes. "Only because you have a thing for Dean-o."

"That's not true." I looked at Demitri. "I don't have feelings for any of the brothers."

"Oh, please, you're lying," Venom said. "I am you and you are me. And you just lied." He scowled at Demitri. "You should see the way Dean looks at her. He's always undressing her with his eyes, standing close to her, and I bet he's just waiting for Lexa to call him."

Demitri let out an uncomfortable chuckle before looking at me. "I can see why you never wanted us to meet."

"Yeah. Venom can be a real pain in the ass."

Demitri's phone rang. "I feel sorry for Eddie," he said while checking his message. "I'm not sure how he dealt with him all these years."

"And I'm not entirely sure what Lexa ever saw in a pussy like you," Venom sneered. "Be honest here, DeDe, did you think Lexa was going to take you back after one little favor?" He looked at his outfit. "I bet there wasn't a business meeting. You just dressed up and wore her favorite cologne. Now, did you do this before or after jacking off to her picture?"

I groaned. "Will you stop jumping to conclusions?!" I shouted.

"I'm only stating the obvious. I bet if you look at the trash in his bathroom you'll find a big bottle of lotion and the trash full of tissue paper."

I ignored the last sentence. "I'm so sorry about him, Demitri. I didn't think he would be a big pain in the ass."

His brows furrowed as he looked at his screen. "It's fine, but...we got a problem."

He showed me his phone. It was a recent news article about an attack at a local bar not that far from here. Many were dead and the only survivor stated that she only saw a little girl with some kind of creature coming out of her body.

"Looks like they followed us here," Venom said.

I gave Demitri a hopeful look. "What do you say? Just like old times."

He smiled at me. "For you? Anything."