Don't Trust Me

I didn't head back to the apartment. That was too close of a call for the boys to know about Venom.

It's not like they could kill us. Those little bullets won't work on us.

Yeah, but they could do some research and find a way to take you away from me.

And when that happens we kill them.

Venom, we're not killing Sam and Dean!

Like you said they could find information about you. And when they do they'll find out about Eddie. About New York. They'll kill you.

Why would you care? Once I'm gone you could find another body or go to my dad.

Because I told the old man that I'll protect you.

I sighed as I continued walking aimlessly. All it took was one song that almost exposed Venom. If they weren't suspicious, they are now. I have to be more careful.

My thoughts went back to the case though. It's just weird that this demon had to use tranquilizer darts to knock the victims out.

Something wasn't right about that Jeffery. He was always twitching and looking nervous. And I might know much about demons but aren't they strong enough to carry people.

That's what I'm thinking.

Didn't they say that Jeffery used to be possessed?

Yeah.

And didn't Jeffery say that he's got the demon's victims stuck in his head?

Yeah. So?

What if the killings weren't the demon's? What if Jeffery got so attached to the demon and missed him possessing his body? Eddie and I went through this before. He would do anything just so I could go back.

So...

Jeffery's the killer, you idiot!

My eyes widen as I stopped. Oh, my god. Dean's with him. I pulled my phone out and dialed his number, only for it to go straight to voicemail.

Coincidence, I think not.

My eyes widen again as I turned around and started running back towards the apartment. I was about to dial another one of Dean's numbers, but my phone started to ring. Sam's caller I.D popped up and I answered it immediately.

"Lexa, please tell me Dean's with you?" Sam rushed out.

"No," I said as I turned the corner. "It's him, Sam. It's Jeffery."

"I know. I'm almost at his apartment right now."

And so are we.

"I'm right -" I stopped when Venom pushed my body to leap over the buildings until I was in front of the building. I started to scream as my body flew across the streets. I held one of my hands to balance myself. "Here."

Right one schedule, the car Sam was using was parked right in front of the building. He gave me a confused look as he got out and rushed over.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I slowly nodded before standing up straighter. "Yeah, I, um, almost tripped."

Sam slowly nodded but still had a confused look on his face. His eyes never left mine, but he didn't say anything.

Why is he giving you that weird loo? Is he sick or something?

I returned Sam's confused look before rushing inside the building. I ran up the stairs until I made my way towards Jeffery's apartment. I brought my foot up to kick the door down, but because of the strength Venom added the door basically flew across the room. Sam stopped next to me and his mouth flew open.

"Really strong legs," I lied lamely.

I would have said the door was weak.

Sam nodded again before heading over Jeffery's bed and lifted up the mattress. I started to look around the room for any spellbook or something that could conjure up a demon. Nothing. I looked towards Sam to see him trying to open up one of Jeffery's drawers.

Let me open it.

I couldn't object to Venom's plan because he basically thrust my body forward and used my hands to pry the drawer off its hinges. What did I say about close call?!

"Weak screws?" I lied again.

"Yeah, that's it," Sam said slowly. He looked through the drawer before finding an empty box with a cell phone scrambler. So that's what caused Dean's phone problem.

Check the others. Venom forced my body up. Over there.

My body thrust forward till I was at another drawer. I opened it to find Jeffery's belongings and furrowed my brows. What the hell am I suppose to find in here?

There's a false bottom.

I pulled the drawer and tossed it to the ground. It smashed into pieces until there was a small box.

"What's that?" Sam asked as he made his way over. I knelt down and picked up the box and opened it up. There was a piece of paper written in Latin.

Ooh, so he was trying to summon a demon. Venom was grinning.

》》》》

Sam and I were walking down the alleyway as I held the demon summoning spell in my hands.

I hate to tell you so...actually I love saying it. I told you so!

"Have you ever seen anything like it?" I asked Sam.

He shook his head. "No. It's weird. What I don't get is why?" He took the paper from me.

"The host misses his guest." Sam grabbed my arm and stopped me. "What?"

He pointed at the paper. "I know this handwriting." We rushed back towards our vehicles. I hopped on my motorcycle and was about to follow, but my hand went up and caught the water bottle Sam tossed at me. I looked at it and gave him a confused look. "I thought you could use a drink."

I slowly nodded before unscrewing the cap.

It's holy water. I told you he was getting suspicious.

Really, Sam? I gave him a look as I chugged the bottle in one go. I smiled at him in thanks as I tossed the bottle back. "Thanks, Sam."

I could have sworn Sam's eyes glanced next to him as he gave a satisfied grin before he climbed into the car. I put my helmet on as I followed his car. Well, played, Sam. Well played.