Fortunate Son

No one wanted to touch the ballerina shoes after what we just witnessed. We've been very careful with them while we drove to Out With The Old. I parked next to the guys and got off my motorcycle. I furrowed my brows when they didn't get out of the car. I knocked on the window from Dean's side.

"We have a problem," Sam said. He motioned to the back and I see the slippers in the back.

"Didn't we put them -" I started. He nodded.

They got bigger. Venom chuckled. They look like Dean's size.

I sighed. "Dean, please tell me you don't have the urge to go Black Swan on us?"

"I'm not," he said. I was a bit relieved until he added, "But I do have this sudden urge to Prince Siegfried myself into oblivion."

"Great, now who's grabbing the shoes?" Sam and Dean looked at each other before they looked at me. "Oh, come on!"

"I'm not going anywhere near them," Dean said. "And Sam already carried them. Looks like it's your turn."

I gave Dean a look. Ok, now I don't feel bad for Venom pulling his ass out of the bed. Dean gave me a lopsided grin as he handed me the tonsils. I glared at him while they got out of the car. I went reached from the back seat and tried to grab the shoes.

He's looking at your ass. I sighed in annoyance while Venom started to laugh again after I heard a smacking noise. Sam just slapped his shoulder.

Thank you, Sam. I grabbed the shoes and held them arms distance. I scrunched my face up in disgust.

"Good thing I'd quit ballet. I think these would have put a curse on me," I said. I looked at the guys. "Shall we?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

The guys and I started walking towards the shop. There was this woman who looked a bit bitchy as she told the guy, who had his hands full, to open the door for her. Lady, you have two hands. You can open it yourself.

Dean opened the door for us and we went inside the shop. "Hello?" he called out.

The only person there was this guy mopping the floor. "Hey," I called the kid. He looked at us while I held the shoes up.

"Did you sell these?" Sam asked.

"Uh, yeah," he said. His eyes were traveling to my rack.

We need to get you better clothes. Maybe some that doesn't expose much of your body.

"Where did you get them?" The guy didn't listen, his eyes were still on my chest while his mouth flew open.

"Hey!" Dean snapped. "Eyes are up there." The kid seemed unfazed but his eyes were off me. "Where did you get them?"

"Uh, m - my m - mother had them in that box," the guy stammered. I set the shoes down before going around the counter and found the box with the carving on it. "I don't understand. What's happening?"

What's happening is you're an idiot.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey!" I heard Sam yell. I turned to see Dean grabbing the shoes and looking at them. Sam pulled them away while I went over with the box. He threw them in before I shut it. "Geez. You ok there, Baryshnikov?"

Dean did a doubletake. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm pas de done."

"Ok, if it's not too much trouble, do you mind telling me, uh, what's - what's going on?" the guy asked.

The guys and I pulled out our fake badges.

You better not use Parker this time.

No, I didn't.

Good.

I used Kasady.

That's even worse!

At least I didn't use Mulligan.

"What's your name?" Sam asked.

"Uh, Scott - Uh, Scott Freeman."

I motioned to the box. "You said these were your mother's? Where'd she get them?"

"I don't know. I found them in the back."

"I got it," Dean said before going towards the back.

"Now, where is your mother?" Sam asked.

"Well, she's, uh...she passed away last week," Scott said.

At least he's not being a big baby about it.

"Our apologies," I said sincerely. "But you need to listen to us," I motioned to the shoes, "these shoes..."

He shook his head. "Just some personal stuff she collected. I'm trying to get rid of it all."

Sam gave him a confused look. "All? Is there more like this?"

"Guys," Dean called out. He came out of the back holding two more boxes with similar carvings. 

Oh, shit.

I gave Scott a look. "Scott, what was in those boxes?"

Scott looked a bit confused when he pointed to one of the boxes. "That one had my mother's teapot." A cursed teapot? That's a new one. Scott shook his head. "Ok, what the hell kind of FBI guys are you?"

The kind that's going to eat his face if he keeps acting stupid.

"The kind that are trying to fix the mess you started," Dean sassed. Dean held up the boxes. "Now where'd your mom get these?"

"I don't know. I found them in her safe." Scott motioned towards the safe that had a bunch of wards that keep the cursed objects locked in.

I let out a low sarcastic chuckle. "Oh, my god. This guy is stupid," I mumbled under my breath. Dean nodded in agreement.

"Did it ever occur to you that these things might be locked in that safe for a reason?" Sam asked a bit frustrated. This guy has no common sense.

"No, I just thought it was some of the junk that she had collected over the years," Scott said. "Like, I knew she was into some weird stuff, but I never thought that she would be, like -"

"That's where you're wrong, ok. Because that junk you're selling is killing people," I sneered.

"What? Like, how can that be?" Can he stop saying like for like two seconds?

"Look, Scott. We're gonna need to know exactly what you sold out of that safe and names and addresses of who you sold it to," Sam ordered.

Scott nodded before going to the back. This guy, I swear.