Ramble On

It's good to know that Meg is stuck at the hospital to keep an eye out on Castiel until we figure out how to kick Lucifer's ass out of his head. The bad news...Meg is with Castiel. I should have let Venom kill her back at the liquor store. Or, hell, even offered to take her place as the nurse to keep a close eye on him.

But with that creepy little kid is still there. She's gonna drive you bonkers.

No, she wouldn't.

Yes, she would. Especially with that little lullaby she sang to you.

Well, I rather deal with her than Meg.

I rather deal with the demon than that little girl. Damn that little redhead. She looks like she could be Chucky's kid with all those curls.

What's a little kid gonna do to you?

She'll try to play with me. And I'm not in the mood to be anyone's little toy. I still get nightmares from when you tried to play with me. Had to be your little swing while Eddie was trying to find you your shoes.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance before I leaned my head against the window. The little rain droplets hitting the windshield so I decided to have a little race to see which droplet would win against the others.

"All right, well, call us if he wakes up or, you know, anything," Dean said as he spoke to the said demon on the phone. He sounds annoyed. Good. Another reason why I rather tolerate with the demon. "Yeah, fine. Thanks for your help, Meg." Dean hung up on her. "What a bitch."

"So, Cas is the same, then?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, down to the drool."

"By the way, how is your custard?"

"It's all right. It's getting better." You sure about that? "Just wish it wasn't like the damn tape from 'The Ring'. I mean, I feel like I'm ok 'cause I passed on the crazy."

I shivered. God, if she was real then I'd be avoiding every well.

What we need to do is find a Brenda to kick her ass.

"No, you didn't. You heard what Cas said," Dean tried to argue.

I leaned forward until I was in the middle of the brothers. "Yeah, how did you guys meet Castiel anyway?"

"Do you want the short story or the long one?" Dean asked. Then he shook his head. "It's not even that interesting."

I scoffed. "Someone meeting actual angels isn't interesting? Come on, I want to know how you two managed to snag an angel on your side."

"It's not interesting if some of the angels were actual douchbags." He glanced at me. "And this isn't storytime. If anything, you should tell us how you and Venom met."

No, don't tell him.

I gave Dean a look. "How is that fair?"

"Because it's my car," Dean grinned. "My car. My rules."

I raised my brow at him before I started taking off my seatbelt. "Fine." He wants to play it that way.

"Lexa, what are you doing?" Sam asked.

"I'm gonna jump out," I answered with a grin. "Dean's car. His rules. So...I'll just jump out and head to the hospital. I'm sure Meg will let me see the angel."

Ooh, you're bluffing. I like it.

I waved at the boys before I turned to leap through the back window.

"You're not jumping out," Dean said. Venom's tendrils started coming out of my back. "Lexa, don't you dare break my car." One of them came up and was about to break his window. "Fine! How about this? You tell us about that symbiote and we tell you about Cas. No one leaves any details out, ok?!"

"Deal," I said as I sat back down, the tendrils entering my body again.

Dean shivered as his phone rang. "Damn, symbiote," he muttered under his breath before answering. "Hello."

You better not tell him the whole story.

Why not? A deal's a deal.

It's a stupid deal. Why would you want to know about Castiel anyway? If anything, he's probably Dean's lover. That's why he's a touchy subject for him.

Or they're really good friends and something happened to him that made Cas think he's Emanuel. I just wanted to know who we're working with.

Oh, now, you wanna know who you're working with?! Why didn't that question pop into your head before? Oh, I know why because you think the Winchesters are your new best friends. It's like love at first sight, isn't it? But you have to smart here, Lexa. Those boys are going to kill you. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. They're just gonna wait for you to have your guard down and boom! I'm turned to dust while your lifeless corpse withers away in some abandoned road. Or maybe they'll light you on fire to make sure your body doesn't come back and haunt them.

They're not.

How do you know?!

I trust them that's why.

No, it's because of Dean. I know that the older Winchester has the hots for you.

Dean doesn't have the hots for me.

Yes, he does! I could see it. Since the first day you two met in that stupid playhouse. Ugh, that boy trying not to stare at your chest. What did I tell you about wearing revealing shirts?

Girls have boobs, so what? Dean doesn't like me like that. We're only friends who hunt together.

Yeah, he wants to hunt alright. And it's not monsters or demons.

I groaned as I leaned against the window again. I didn't know Dean got off the phone so both brothers were looking at me. Sam was the first one to clear his throat.

"You ok, Lexa?" he asked.

"Yeah," I lied. "Venom's just complaining how he's hungry."

True, but that's not the point.

I let out a huff of air as I closed my eyes. I heard something shuffling before I felt something being thrown on my lap. I glanced down and picked up the chocolate bar before looking up at the Winchesters.

"Might have snagged a few bars," Dean said, his eyes not leaving the road. "Didn't know which ones to get. Hope Venom's a fan of chocolate almonds."

"Oh," I mumbled before I started to open it. "Thanks."

Oh, please. I think I'm gonna be sick.