With Arms Wide Open

Dean is getting annoyed with Garth. I love it.

Why do you hate Dean so much?

Why don't you? You should be warier of the Winchester brothers, Lexa. Take extra precautions like your old man did. He might not look it, but he was smart when he listen to my warnings. They might have let you join them on their little hunt but what's to stop them from doing a complete 360 and killing you. Of course, I wouldn't let that happen. I'll take over and eat them before they can do that.

Again, if they wanted to kill us then they would have done it by now.

That would be very predictable. They're just laying low. Just look at Sam, he might look like a puppy at times but soon he can turn into a raging pitbull and attack.

You think Sam is going to attack us? Sam? The same one who got you almost every single burger from McDonald's?

Yes. He might look nice but everyone has a dark side to them.

So now you wanna quote Star Wars with me?

Yes, and we all know that I'm Vader.

I rolled my eyes and ignored Venom as I looked out the window. Garth was driving us to the brewery. I was gonna sit in the front but Dean shook his head and motioned me to the back. It's just the damn front seat, so I don't see what the big deal is.

"So, kid in the woods sees something that nobody else does. Then Tess sees a monster, and Jim doesn't. What's the thread?" Dean wondered.

Garth pondered at the question. "Hmm. Well, certain mutants see infrared."

"Mutants, huh?" Dean muttered before glancing at me. I shot him a dirty look at his stupidity. Venom is a symbiote that's residing in me. That in no way makes me a mutant. If I start sprouting an extra six legs then he can say shit.

Be glad they don't know about the X-Men. Then he would be scared shitless. Venom grinned. Actually, let's tell him.

I leaned forward so my head was poking between the two. "Well, Tess drank her mom's spiked juice and victim number one was plastered," I said.

Garth nodded. "Right. So..." His eyes bugged out.  "Whoa. Monster you got to be drunk to see. Cool! Also... hard to fight."

Aw, look at him all excited. I would pat his head right now but I can't because he'll freak out. Lexa, pat his head.

I'm not patting his head.

I could feel the smirk coming off Venom. He took control of my arm and placed it on top of Garth's head before running my fingers through his hair. The action shocked Dean and I looked at him and mouthed 'Venom'.

"You would be excited about this," I stated amusingly.

"Aw, thanks, Lexi," Garth said. He jerked his head to the right. "Hey, can you do me a favor and scratch behind my ear?" I chuckled before scratching behind Garth's ear. "Oh, yeah. That hits the spot."

Date him, Lexa.

Dean was even more annoyed and took a flask out of his pocket. He opened it and took one big swing which got me looking at him confused. "Just getting in the zone." He pointed at Garth. "You are strictly on wine coolers."

Garth smiled. "Hey, I love those. Anything sweet." He chuckled. "Whoo!" Then he chuckled some more.

Dean shook his head before taking another drink. He passes the flask to me and I shook my head. "No, thanks," I declined before giving him a pointed look. "I already had a head start."

Yeah, it's called body manipulation. You'll never get drunk while I'm here.

Garth chuckled. "Classic Lexi." This time Dean and I shot him a look. Garth's chuckled died down as he quickly cleared his throat. "So, uh, what's with the Grody flask anyway? Lucky charm?"

Something flashed in Dean's eyes. He looked at the flask sadly and said, "It's Bobby's."

My chest ached. Bobby always had that flask on him. How could I not recognize it? The night Sam and Dean learned about Venom, they told me what happened to Bobby. How he died. Dick Fucking Roman managed to get a bullet in Bobby's head. Sam and Dean were there for him at the hospital when he took his last breath.

We still don't know who posed as Bobby.

Not to mention that 'phone call' he made with Sam. From what Dean told me, Bobby died long before we met. So who the hell was trying to be Bobby and why did they send me to the Winchesters?

I reached forward and grabbed Dean's hand. Dean laced his fingers with mine before giving my hand a gentle squeeze. Bobby was a good friend to me but from what Sam told me...he was like their second father. A better father than their real one.

Garth nodded in thought. "Really? 'Cause, um...You think there's a possibility that Bobby's riding your wave?"

Dean tightened his hold on my hand as his eyes never left the road. "No, we gave him a hunter's wake."

"Yeah, I-I burned my cousin Brandon, and he stayed stuck. And – and – and they got ghosts in India, and they cremate everybody over there. It's just instinct, but maybe there is EMF around here. It just ain't the job."

Dean shook his head. "All right, we're not gonna talk about this, okay? Not in the middle of work."

Don't snap at Garth like that!

"Sorry," Garth muttered.

Dean pursed his lips in annoyance but it died down when I move my thumb to rub his finger. Much like he did with me a while ago in comfort. Dean sighed when his phone started to ring.

"Just hope that fire did the trick," Garth muttered his worry.

Dean shot him a look as he answered his phone. "Hey, Sam...Yeah. Got it. We're on our way."

Dean soon hung up. His grip on my hand never faltered. He might not show much emotion but anyone can see that he's still hurting and this is his way of coping. He doesn't want to hear anything else about Bobby because he'll get distracted.

I never let go of his hand as I scoot to the passenger side in the back. I leaned forward and stood a little to wrapped my other arm around him the best I could. My head rested on the headrest of the passenger seat as I hugged Dean. It might not be much but I just want him to know that I'll be there for him if he needs anything.

Anything at all.