Rock or Bust

Dean and I parked right in front of the person's house. She bought a tea kettle from Scott recently. First cursed shoes, now a tea kettle.

What's next? A wooden spoon.

You could say that again.

A wooden spoon.

I was being sarcastic.

So was I.

Sam opened the door before letting us in. I could hear Venom sniffing the air and had a smile on his face.

My mouth is watering. What is that delicious smell?

"We're about to find out," I whispered as I noticed the tea kettle on the ground. I tapped Dean's arm before heading towards the kitchen. I almost gagged when I found the woman near her counter. Her mouth was all blistering and burnt.

She looks tasty. And she's already boiled to perfection.

You're not eating her!

Why not?! Just a bite. She's already dead!

I tilted my head before I got a closer look at the kettle. It really is beautiful. That would look great in Dad's kitchen. It could be a birthday gift to Mom...after I use it the first 3 times. I want the kettle. I reached over and was about to grab it but felt myself being yanked away.

"Lexa, no!" Dean yelled. I snapped out of it before looking at him. "Really? Out of everything."

I shook my head in embarrassment. "Sorry. I remember having tea parties with my dad," And me, "when I was little."

Dean gave me a look. "You're dad had tea parties?"

I slapped his shoulder. "Excuse me if he didn't hunt for a living."

"What did he do?"

He was me!

"He was a reporter in New York. So I usually get all my cases from him or Bobby."

"Right," Dean said. He grabbed a pair of rubber gloves from the counter before he carefully picked up the kettle and looked at Sam. "We should call this in before Lexa decides to burn us."

Sam nodded while I gave Dean a really look. "Hello, yeah," Sam started once he got his phone out. "I'd like to report an accident at 23 Gorham road." I grabbed one of the bags and held it open for Dean to put the kettle in. "My name? Uh...Bruce Hornsby."

I closed the bag while Sam got off the phone. Dean grabbed the bag. "Not risking it," he said. I gave him another look while we went outside. "All right. Who's next on the list?"

Can I trip him?

Not yet.

Can we at least eat the lady?

I'll get us burgers later.

Venom stopped me from moving. Hungry, now!

"We got a, uh, gramophone sold to Brenda Gluck, 413 River Street, and a vintage Gentlemen's sold to Peter Yankit, 27 Johnson Lane," Sam said as I tried to walk with them. The guys noticed I wasn't with them and turned. I stopped my struggle immediately and had my hands behind my back. "You coming, Lexa?"

I gave a convincing smile. "I would, but I just remember that I have to call someone. Then I might go for a bite to eat, you know?"

The guys gave me a confused look. "And this call is so important that you have to skip a case?" Dean asked.

I shook my head. "I'm not skipping a case. There's two more items on the list and there's two of you. You guys could split up and I'll meet up with you."