[36.2] Let Me Go

B A D
B O Y ' S
G A M E

*Ellie's pov*

Congratulations, you have been accepted to enroll during the 2015-2016 school year.

I read the letter thrice, confirming that I have read correctly. I give a squeal as soon as I'm finished reading it for the last time. I hurry and get my phone from the coffee table and text Archer, I have to tell him the good news.

After several years of working hard in school, I have finally been accepted to the college of my dreams. The college of my dreams is a design school in New York, a place I've had my heart set on way before meeting Archer. 

I could only hope that Archer would be just as excited as I am regarding the grand news.

I sit on a bar stool as I await his arrival, my legs shaking from pure excitement. I place the acceptance letter neatly back into its paper home.

It's seven minutes later when I hear a knock on the front door, I bolt to the door just seconds later. I couldn't wait to tell Archer the news, it means so much to me that I want him to be the first person I tell.

With a wide smile on my face, I open the door to see one of my favorite people.

"I have news," I say to him the moment he begins to step into my house, the large smile still plastered on my face.

I rush to the kitchen's island and pick up the envelope, taking out the contents of the envelope right after my hand reaches it.

I glance up before pulling the letter completely out, I see a small smile on Archer's face. He didn't have a reason to smile and yet he already was.

"I was accepted at the school in New York I told you about," I exclaim, the smile not daring to leave my face as I show him the acceptance letter.

My smile doesn't dare to leave my face, however, his smile dares to leave his.

"What?" he questions.

"I got accepted to the design school in New York," I say in the same excited manner.

He doesn't give me the response I expect, in fact, he doesn't give me a response at all. He stands silently with his mouth closed.

"Archer, are you not happy for me?" I ask, my smile dissipating.

"Three thousand miles," he whispers, staring down at the tiled floor.

I stare at him and think about what to say. What could I say?

"Archer, we can do the distance"

"Three thousand miles," he repeats louder.

Three thousand miles, he's right, the school is three thousand miles away. He has quickly realized that the college is nearly three thousand miles away from home, from him.

My smile is completely gone by now, his words causing pain. How could I forget about the distance? How could I forget that I would have to go without him?

"Grey, you're going to be nearly three thousand miles away from me. You're leaving me," he says, showing his vulnerable side.

I try my best to open my mouth and reply but no words seem to come out. I can't seem to utter a response. I can't say a word.

"We just started and yet we're already drifting away from each other. We're literally drifting apart, you're going to be living a whole different life in a whole different state. I'm going to be here in California and you'll be in the city that never sleeps. Grey, I don't want to lose you. I don't know if I can lose you," he explains, his eyes searching for a sense of sadness in mine.