Far away, to another time

"He needs to see Obi-Wan and he will.

Kark the universe.
It's not like it's the first time it works against him..."

[ or rather : Anakin has an eventful day, a few breakdowns, brooding (the usual) plotting plans and meditation? (not his usual).. and there's no Obi-Wan to make him filter his colorful language. No worries tho, he's on his way. ✨️

[W/T] : mention of self-harm, huttese swearing
[slang notes at the end]

_________________________________

"Anakin!"

The piercing frightened shrill in that voice, breaking its familiar softness and tranquility sounds so wrong to Anakin, like the howl of a tortured, dying creature, that it momentarily deafens any other thought or sound. Yet before it became unbearable and could rise an inexplicable panic in him, came the blissful quiet. Everything stopped. His thoughts, his awareness, senses, force, life.

Nothingness.

And it breaks.

Bared of the sense of time, lost, dead he should be and knows it, yet there's still a name. More of the echo of it still lingering on his mind, like an aftermath ringing in a disturbing voice and at the same time comes the realization.

Anakin. His name.

With it comes the light, shrieking, almighty, an explosive outbreak of sheer force energy burst out inside, outside and through him, he has no idea how exactly, he's teared apart in its torrent, like on the fast-forwards function of a holorecorder. Though, no, he's wrong. It's backwards instead and it's worse, because it's shrinking everything and him along with it. He's whirled in the blender of the cataclysmic force, feeling like he's reduced to particles, while he's awake in the process and Anakin can't hold on anymore. He tries to grab on anything grounding his fading mind and he remembers the voice.

Obi-Wan.

Though there is that strange feeling again that it was off. Distorted. Unnatural. Because, he knows how that voice shall sound and it's not like this. Obi-Wan didn't and could never sound like this. Like he's hurt. Like he's in too much pain.

He shall not, Anakin concludes. Then, why was he?

Thinking about it, about his Master, is the sole string keeping his mind still whole somehow, yet it's making it ache just the same. He tightens his grip on it and Obi-Wan becomes his last strand of sanity, his sole means of salvation, for he finds himself suddenly wanting to hear that voice again. To make sure his master is alright. Even though he has also the feeling he forgot about something important. Or more things.

It matters not.

Once he'll see, he'll meet his Master, everything will be fine. The blind belief in that is so strong, it gives him strength to overtake anything, even the whole universe trying to wipe him out of existence.

He needs to see Obi-Wan and he will.

Kark the universe.

It's not like it's the first time it works against him.

Though this time it's bantha-headed as heck, if not tougher. Anakin is just as stubborn and he's hellbent to win this, with his last breath, if it's necessary (well his usual).

He's not sure, if he does even anything, but something changes then. There's a loud crack, screeching right in front of him, Anakin feels it in the force more than hears it and he's thrown through it with an overpowered, smug-as-kark shove, as if to laugh at him.