It will never be enough

"You saved us Anakin, and you'll save many others still. You are gifted, it's my belief, only you can do it.""No, no! That's not enough."

[in short]: mess part 2. and Obi-Wan may have had too much of it. (i'm sorry)

___________________________

W/T : slavery, breakdowns, mention of self-harm, ptsd (omg the whole package)
__________________________

"Huh? Strange? I'm not sure. I just fell sleep, didn't I?"

That's all. That's how it ended. No lecture, no questions, no answers, not a further word exchanged about all he went through, the Force, his senses and about what he saw, about Anakin tackling with the Force through everything alive in the galaxy like it's his innate ability. Nothing of it.

Obi-Wan smiles or tries to, and he knows it's a poor job, when he sees Anakin's frown. Yet to tell everything, he cannot and will not. Maybe it's good that the boy remembers nothing. Maybe it was just that. A singular occurrence. With luck - an accident. It suffices for him to know and keep it to himself.

Anakin has enough already.

Or perhaps he knows. The future he sees, are... the children also there? Does Anakin know that he... he is not... with them, that he-

There's the mission ahead of them and he must be in perfect condition for it and for Anakin. No mistakes can be done. And none will.

Obi-Wan digs his nails in his other arm, as means to ground himself and he works through his breathing slowly to unknot the strangling lump in his throat. He doesn't manage, but he forces himself to calm down. He's almost behaving like usually and even Anakin, though still suspicious, drops the subject.

They had only two days and still too much to do. Half of their goods and gear are already carried on board, well more like Obi-Wan did all the carrying, while Anakin takes it upon himself to triple-check and fix everything that as far as just hangs inches too on the left or right, making an inspection so meticulous that no starcraft ever had, if you'd ask Obi-Wan. Anakin looks so focused, hands in oil, locks of hair drenched in sweat, tiredness edging his no doubt cramped muscles, yet he's exerting purpose and persistence even through it all, while surely having lost track of time.

"Anakin, let's take a break.", he says and the boy just mutters a humming with his head in the panel full with wires.

He sighs, remembering they skipped lunch, as Anakin claimed he will do it "later" and Obi-Wan wouldn't eat without him.

"Anakin.", he called again.

His sore back is already promising him a hell of a night today, but he has still another half and doesn't look forward it. A break then.

He glimpses at Anakin again finding the boy only moved his feet, still with his head burrowed and he sighs again, unconsciously louder than he intends. Obi-Wan decides to bring some snacks for them both, but comes empty handed from their room, only with a flask of water, as all the meals bought were packed and nothing left in their quarter's kitchen. They will have to eat outside.

"Anakin, let's take a break and go for a meal at Dex. We're past schedule and there's nothing-", he only belatedly notices that the remaining half of the luggage is missing and for a second is stupefied, searching for it in the hall, as if someone stole it. He turns to Anakin, surely, he must have seen who-

All the heavy cases, bags, trunks, equipment, rations boxes all neatly settled in the cargo bay and Obi-Wan gapes. He needs seconds too long to put two and two together and looks incredulous at Anakin.