It did happen, it's real to you

“Obi-Wan. Answer me.”

And the infuriating boy doesn’t let his face free and the closeness and insistence, the urgency in the boy’s voice do impossible things to Obi-Wan’s body and soul, both. The man shudders at the sheer power and passion that is Anakin Skywalker..."

[ so ]: tooth-achingly sweet obikin fluff (well my version) Our boys just have an (awkwardnervoustensed) chat over some tea and it almost ends great.
. . .
and then there's angst to blust it all to dust. oh Force

"and his heart tries to crawl out of his chest, to run away from his own body, as if it’s filled with rotting poison instead of blood...
It happened."
_____________________________
[Warnings / Triggers] : graphical description of war and death, breakdown
_____________________________

“Oh.”

Obi-Wan feels Anakin’s presence in the middle of the night in front of his door and he jerks out of his bed, alarmed that his Padawan needs help. Needs him. All the horrible and wrong scenarios run through his head and he pulls the door open urgently, nearly sending it flying and of course, scaring the young boy out cold. Anakin flinches so hard, he jumps a feet away from him, eyes wide in shock, disbelief even, as if Obi-Wan opening the door, is not supposed to happen. Like it is an error of the whole universe.

“I-I’m sorry Anakin for scaring you. Did you… did you need something?”

Anakin’s face looks a few shades paler and though barely visible, he winces. His mouth works as if to say something, but no sound comes out of it.

Obi-Wan knows that it must be very important for his Padawan, if the loss for words is of any indication. He needs to give Anakin enough time and space to ease his inner distress.

“Would you like to have a cup of tea with me?”

The boy nods.

Obi-Wan takes to the making-of-tea routine, which usually calms him down (well now it hardly does), the boy seems to search for his place on the couch and not finding it. He’s on edge and looks like having a debate in his mind right now, brows heavily knotted, hands itchy wiping everything it touches, his small shoulders so tight raised, that Obi-Wan is afraid it will snap from the built up tension. Is it… does his Padawan want to talk about…

Obi-Wan’s own hand starts to tremble at that realization and he has to re-pour the tea several times until it doesn’t look a total mess. He takes an unhelpful long breath and bristles himself, as if he has to jump out of a flying starfighter. He brings the cups over and offers one to Anakin, the boy takes it unseeingly and moves it to his mouth right away.

“Wait, Anakin!”

Obi-Wan barely has time to stop him, an inch before it would burn the unsuspecting lips.

Anakin freezes, his eyes first pinned on his Master, then move to the cup.

“Ah… t-thank you.”

He doesn’t look like he gets why though, and Obi-Wan takes the cup from his hands to avoid a second attempt too soon. He drops a few blows to cool the tea, taking his time (Anakin needs it anyway) and only after taking a small sip and diming it safely enough to drink, gives it back to the boy. Anakin gazes at him the whole time, with unnecessary focus and Obi-Wan’s cheeks might have caught a bit of color. Certainly the steam of the tea is at fault. (yeah, sure)

The man is quickly loosing his already shaky enough composure, so he clears his throat and tries to coax his Padawan, wherever he wants (or not) to talk about.