I promise I will never lie to you

"Anakin Skywalker, take the trial and prove yourself will you?"

[ Anakin's skills to prove ] :
- get away with a podrace ✔️
- make Obi-Wan his partner-in-crime ✔️
- make Obi-Wan question his life and the whole galaxy ✔️
- make him blush [easy peasy] ✔️
- make him cry [alas damn too easy] ✔️
- make a deal with him [had to sweat a bit] ✔️
- use his childlike charms [mastered] ✔️
- look at Windu and not going mad [in progress]
- define Yoda's counsels [abandoned]
- use it [on 2nd try, in progress]
- find Obi-Wan ✔️✔️✔️
- make him shut up [almost failed but pfew] ✔️
- make him roll his eyes [why is that even here?]✅️
- make him look only at him [well he thinks it's ✔️]
_____________________________________

Obi-Wan doesn't look at him.

Kark.

He karked it all. He's in Bantha Poodoo up to his chin and has no idea how to get out of it. It's not like it was life-threatening urgent, he has years before his mother will be in danger, but... he wants to take her from Tatooine as soon as possible. Yes, all good, but the crinking podrace was obviously not the best way to go with it. He knew he's farkled the moment they announced no Force-related things allowed (they don't even entertain the idea of a jedi being in a podrace, ha!), and they had this Force-sensitive devices or the Krik what, that kriffing work too well (he made a small test before they start). So no Force-using or at least a very subtle amount. Would he be in his adult body, it'll be no problem really, or even not that spaced-tired like he was in the frustrating body of a 9 years old child, he would have win. Without using his Force (like he needed), he was barely keeping himself and his craft whole and kark, that wasn't Tatooine, all had the best engines he had ever heard (for this time anyways) and even if his was by dozens better than on Tatooine, it wasn't the newest and it couldn't keep up with others' speed. He pushed through like only Anakin Skywalker could, though there weren't any deadly traps like on the dessert, here, on Coruscant, the speed is what they pursue not a spectacle of bloodbath and exploding machines. A shame, Anakin would have more advantages in a race like that.

Thereupon, he didn't win the kriffing thing, no, even "better", he smashed in the fence at the end, wining a few bruises instead and a farkled podracer (he'd have to repair it on top of that, since he only borrowed it and must return it preferably whole and working again).

And like this disaster isn't enough, on the sole day he had the podrace, on that day Obi-Wan's mission must karking be cancelled. Luck never worked so much against him and Anakin wants to scream.

Obi-Wan is still quiet and still not looking at him.

Anakin feels his heart on verge to burst from tension, yet he doesn't regret telling him everything, not after the man pulled the "reverse" card on him. Kriffing stars, even now he feels yet cross and bitter upset with Obi-Wan on his stunt he pulled with Rako Hardeen, when his Master hid everything from him and fake died on Anakin without karking thinking to inform him about this one minor thing.

So, what he would feel? Anakin knows best what. That's why he did it, let Obi-Wan now only try a similar trick, he will be the one to make the lecture of his Master's life, he promises.

Yeah, if Obi-Wan would still be willing to be his Master, that's it.

The man's quietness drives Anakin insane and he can't wait anymore.

"I'm sorry."

Finally he sees light blue shimmering back at him. He continues.

"I'm sorry for hiding it for you. I know it's not the jedi way, and what I'm doing it's wrong, but I can't leave my mother to die there. I get it, that I'm to be expelled for this, I'll go, I just need a bit time to-"