My end shall be in your arms

"Becoming one with the force, and he embraces it. The force feels and smells like Obi-Wan and he smiles, because of course it is.

Opening his eyes is almost like the wrong thing to do."

[ as follows ]: Anakin is one with the Force for a few seconds (duh), wakes up, thinks he crushed a starship and is farkled, but it's his mouth the cause instead (then it isn't) and is farkled, fishes for intent (is lucky as always), finds out he was dead for a few beats (well, happens), finds out Obi-Wan is sleeping (doesn't happen)...is freaking out and scares the sh*t out of Vokara.
_____________________________

Anakin has a strange dream.

It's at first the same as all of his nightmares until now, looping the same maddening memory with fighting Obi-Wan and him leaving, with Anakin in pain, with the fire swallowing him alive. He knows how it shall end. How it always ends. An impassive and maybe even thrilled Palpatine would kneel beside him and drop a hand over his face, never touching only claiming.

Then pain again. And more pain. More and more.

However, this time it's different. The pain is diming. Even the burning subdues and his hand, his last, its mechanical sensors picks a familiar weight, texture and the right amount of warmth. Only one person has it.

His master.

He wants so much to look, to see him, if he's real, if he really came back to him, yet his eyes are too wounded to listen to him. He strains his ears, his last chance. At least he can hear his master, finally, he could ask him to end it all. He never had that chance. He risks calling out his name. It doesn't work right away, ashes are clogged in his torn throat and his master's murmuring his own name endlessly, distracted. In a curse he guesses, still it doesn't matter he's here now.

He came back to him.

And it feels just like it shall be. Meeting his end in the arms of a loved one, was never a more generous blessing. He feels complete and at peace for the first time in his equal short and long suffering life. The honoring end, the jedi recounted in all those tells, he guesses. Becoming one with the force, and he embraces it. The force feels and smells like Obi-Wan and he smiles, because of course it is.

Opening his eyes is almost like the wrong thing to do. He's one with the force, why would he need to open his eyes again? He likes being in its embrace, its warmth and serenity, tangled in a blanket around him.

Yet here he is unwillingly waking up and he would expect anything at that point. However, a beaten up Twi'lek's face with a shade of blue paler than his lightsaber and eyes sunken like the letters in the old jedi's scrolls, looking just as annoyed at him, for that matter - is not what he expected.

"Did I-...", his voices croaks, Force he needs water, "... crush another starship? If yes, I swear there's a very good explanation for-"

He stops sensing it isn't the right thing to say. He clears his throat and straightens at the raised unimpressed brow of Vokara Che. Belatedly he hears his youthful voice (Force when will he hit his puberty again?) and it all comes splashing him and he knows he's farkled.

And for once not from crushing a starship.

"Do I have to expect it then?"

Anakin winces.

Definitely farkled.

He shakes his head and as graceful as a Hutt, changes the subject quickly.

"Then why am I here? I feel fine by the way. Maybe a little water and it's 100 percent."