No one can be ready to die

"Wait a kriffing second!

He's not the supreme chancellor yet, blow the Hutts, if Anakin played his cards right, he can crush Palpatine's plans on getting the senate power..."

[ and namely ] : use his surprising very effective "child" charms, make up a Sithspit story, push Padmé to "rethink" her speech and enjoy the gobsmacked face of Sidious on live. It would be perfect, but there's Maul to ruin it all...tch. Oh and he may have broken his body. (no biggie)
____________________________________

Fine, Anakin may have overdid it. And he doesn't mean teasing Obi-Wan, no, it's about the use of Force. He's lucky enough, the jedi was so engaged in the battle, that he didn't see what Anakin was hatching beside him with his Force on full display, for not even Anakin himself knew exactly what has leaked in the Force. He hopes that Qui-Gon from the ship didn't catch any more of it either.

That was close. Too close kark it. He knew that Maul, that crinking Peedunky, would bounce on them like a rubber ball right then they'll get to the ship and he still let them get ambushed. And the worst of it, is that Obi-Wan wasn't even supposed to be there to begin with. It's such a massive variable, that it threw Anakin in a complete frenzy, seeing his ex-Master pulled in the deadly fight with the pest. Don't get him wrong, he has absolute faith in Obi-Wan's fighting abilities (his downfall is the best proof for that), nonetheless that's Maul we're talking about, and his slimy tricks and unstable mind (courteous way of saying a psychopath) are not to be taken lightly, not in the situation where he doesn't know the outcome or can have a control over it. That must be the time traveling symptom he can't and will not be able to shake off: have control over everything. Really, you'd think to come from the future and know every kriffing thing makes you entitled to have that ability. Ha. Nothing worked in the past for him, why should it work now?!

Alright. Don't think about it. ("don't panic" is more fitting, but Anakin vehemently declines to acknowledge it, he does not panic!) And he has no time for that. There's a war to stop, a planet to save, a Sith to knock off (he did that already, but he isn't stupid to think that's going to stop him), a jedi Master to rescue, a Queen to help and a certain Padawan (wow, he forgot about that, isn't that a lovely thing) to keep close watch over. His to-do list for the day is getting longer and longer, and Anakin isn't really (at least physically) ready for the mess. His spectacular knocking-out-Maul-plan was all cool and great, but now his body is on the verge to crumble, his headache is splitting his head, his dizziness is now a constant and his nose doesn't stop from karking bleeding. He had to put a kriffing nasal tampon, he stole secretly from the medical cabin and Force, was that a challenge, in addition to look for the damn thing.

Anakin all but collapsed in a corner of the ship and slept like the dead through the whole flight, the few hours did little to recover his strengths, but thanks Force, it lessened his headaches and spinning head. He wouldn't even wake up, if not for Obi-Wan shaking him insistently and calling him out with rising anxiety.

"Ye..., m-yea... 'm wakin' up."

Stars is he tired. He could sleep for a month. Alas he has a long schedule that will not wait for him. Anakin's hands brush a blanket resting on him, oh, wrong, two blankets and a robe, and he rolls his eyes, for he doesn't need to ask whose robe it is, to know it's Obi-Wan wrapping him in rolls of fabrics like a caterpillar. Though he welcomes the warmth and smiles at Obi-Wan's mother hen-Shenanigans. He missed that actually, with the war going on, exhausting battles and deaths, there was no time and room for small insignificant things like that and maybe his I'm-a-grown-up-man-not-a-child fashion of behavior was the main reason it all stopped. This time though he has at least a decade before that, so he may as well enjoy it.