I never knew true pain, until now

"It's a breath.
Except it isn't, since Obi-Wan can't breathe. It died the moment he saw Anakin and it will stay dead if the boy's breath would."

[ or rather ] : Obi-Wan freaking out, then some more Obi-Wan freaking out, then meditation (getting a pick at Anakin's force AND freaking out), saving the boy in between and finally ready to give the lecture of Anakin's life (except it's him getting one) and yeah, Anakin made sure of it, again, - FREAKING the Force OUT.
but hey, there's a bonus : he may have reached the famous "be-one-with-the-force" peak on the way.✨️
__________________________________

There's screaming.

It shocks Obi-Wan like raging lightening, instantly setting his whole body and mind on fire. He gasps, eyes jerk open, but wince back, the screaming cutting roughly through his ears. His mind is whirling and dizzy and he still can't find stability, even if he can feel the floor flat against his palms and his knees. He opens his eyes again and puts his all strength to just focus on getting steady, he succeeds, but with it comes the realization that there's no screaming. It is but not in the air, it's inside of him, inside his mind and the fire, which is ravaging back and forth inside his body is actually pain. Like he's torn apart in burnt pieces. His body is shaking so much as if electricity is running through his every cell and his mind has it worse, because the high-pitched shrill is coming from his mind. His eyes widen in confusion, unable to understand what's happening. He was fighting and the Sith pushed him to-

The Sith!

Obi-Wan jolts up, staggering, his head blanking for an instant from the sudden move, and right after he sees the back of the zabrak and his red lightsaber against green. He thinks his Master is fighting the Sith, meaning he is alive, but he can't see the man. He can't be smaller than the other. So small Obi-Wan can't see anything behind the Sith only the tip of the green. Obi-Wan makes an uneasy yet hurried step to the right and he sees now.

Blonde crown of hair with burning strands, a small body shivering from the sheer effort to withstand the red weight and power thrown upon him to kill, white hands holding the green lightsaber so tight any second more it'll break and it's the last and only thin wall shielding from the red plasma to slash his head off.

It's a second. But it's a second too long as Obi-Wan's body is paralyzed in that second and it does not move.

It's a beat. A beat too many, for his heart explodes with that beat from dread and panic and the horror of that sight only.

It's a breath. Except it isn't, since Obi-Wan can't breathe. It died the moment he saw Anakin and it will stay dead if the boy's breath would.

It's a thought and it can be his last, if it becomes true, if he can't save Anakin, if he loses him.

It's Anakin. For it's everything and nothing but him. There's no world without him. No life either. There's no Obi-Wan.

The young jedi has never immersed his body and mind and Force power, all together in one whole, constricted it in one single grain, that could be as well a blue hypergiant, ready to burst and take entire system with it, so dense and powerful it felt then.

There's no thought. There's no emotion.

Only purpose.

His lightsaber flies in his hand while he's charging, everything in balance and perfect synergy. Blue plasma pierces flesh like light hits darkness, absolute, flawless, unyielding. No rage, no pleasure in taking life, no fright. The Sith drops his lightsaber, body twisting, as if even at the cost of his upper body tearing in half, he must turn to find out whose hands stabbed him, who committed the outrageous, the offence and to whom he has to repay tenfold for the insulting deed. He sees Obi-Wan and he's about to sentence him to most burning cruel hate a creature in this universe could ever feel, but his eyes drop back to the boy, as if being pulled by the magnitude of power. Power he always dreamed of. Power he never had. Even with his Master, he didn't achieve that power. The child, no, the devil, is grinning at him and Maul forgets about Obi-Wan altogether.The child knew. He stalled time on purpose, he ired him and Maul stepped right in his trap. There's a hysteric disbelief and the absurdity of it makes Maul laugh in folly.