Words that changed his life forever

"You're not alone Anakin. You will never be. I will always be by your side."

[and that implies] : Obi-Wan preparing himself to be a Master, wrong, Anakin Skywalker's Master and it's paramount to save-the-galaxy-scale of importance. Anakin is the best Padawan of the century (Obi-Wan is so proud) BUT there's nightmares, too little talking, promises, secrets, "oh Anakin", and so much Obi-Wan-worrying, he's having (as you expected) his gray hairs and Anakin is not YET his Padawan. Oh and he may be in trouble (like jedi trouble)... or more troubles, and don't ask w̶h̶o̶ what is the reason!
_____________________________________

Anakin Skywalker is an extraordinary child.

That was clear from the first meeting, with him outwitting Master Jinn, then winning a podrace against all odds, and masterly at that, saving Obi-Wan's life, thus his Master's and fighting a Sith alone, even with Anakin claiming he only defied him for a few seconds (which Obi-Wan has it hard to believe it were only a few, with the disastrous condition his body was in after that), nevertheless wielding a lightsaber, then he was never taught how or what it is, getting healed wholly in less time than the average jedi Masters would, with the same injuries, and last (but really, it will never be a "last"), getting the jedi council to agree to let him stay in the temple, learn with other younglings and allow Anakin to be his Padawan, for Obi-Wan is as sure as in his force energy that the boy will succeed at any trials.

A wonder is a more fitting word.

And so different from anyone he knows, even himself, for at that age, no, older, far older, Obi-Wan had still troubles with his Force control, with understanding how it works, what the jedi teachings meant, what is expected from him.

Anakin has no such hardships. He has no questions either. Not once during those three months, did the child least once asked Obi-Wan anything and he hinted so often that he was there for the boy and will be glad to help him with anything he needs, that along the way, Anakin started to give him random questions about how Obi-Wan did this and that, when he was younger mostly, only to indulge the man, though the interest seems genuine.

Obi-Wan, for one, has million of questions. To take a Padawan (in the near future), when he recently was one himself, sounds unheard of, worrying almost to the man yet very humorous to far too many of his acquaintances. You see, he speaks with many people, friends and Masters, about all the details of being a jedi Master, how to teach, what to learn himself before that, how to prepare himself accordingly. He carries a small datapad with him now, noting all the useful, but mostly useless remarks and comments he gets. Everyone is making fun of his nervousness, or fretting as they call it, of his Mastery-zeal and just give him the "trust what the Force tells you" tale. Blast the force, because it tells him nothing and Anakin must have the best Master ever, not a mediocre, incapable one, that will disappoint him or Force forbid, will not be able to help when Anakin needs it the most.

To begin with, no one was in similar situation like him, as all the Padawans taken are jedi younglings, who were already brought in the temple from a very young age and taught the basics, so much younger than Anakin and far more ahead than him. So, nothing that is normal or self-explanatory for others, can be applied to him and Anakin. Moreover, with Anakin being a slave until very recently, there's absolutely nothing normal about this. It's disastrous. It changes everything. All the exploitation, abuse, suffering, pain, subjugation of the elementary, of freedom, of hope... stars' end, when he recalls the blasting collar and what it could do, Obi-Wan's heart clenches in pain and Anakin knew about the collar. Of course, he should have known or else... Dear Force, how can children have a normal childhood knowing there's a bomb inside of them, that could explode if you run too far or make a mistake.