And everything burns

"The whole planet like one ravenous horrendous monster and stepping on the burning tomb feels like stepping right in its mouth.

Yellow eyes it has."

[ ... ] Mustafar now and then.
_______________________________

W/T: ptsd, panic attack, trauma
heavy graphical : burning, mutilation, (quasi) death, extreme pain (child!)

advised to read chapter 1 before this.
________________________________

Something is wrong.

Terrible wrong.

One moment everything is good, great even, as it should be, his talented Padawan a bubble of vibrant energy and joy at having his first sparring, his first win and Obi-Wan is fascinated by how at ease, utterly free and in his primary element, Anakin is. It's like he was made to have a lightsaber in his hand, the grace, magnificence, the beauty with which he wields it, is a sight to behold, a breathtaking sight and Obi-Wan is wholly entranced by it.

A second, for the next, all of it is gone.

The shift in the force is so heavy and fast, disorienting, like in the aftereffect of a bomb explosion in the room, the blast of it throws Obi-Wan back instantly, with a power strong enough to break bones. He manages to not get knocked to the stone wall, but only barely, as he is still in the shock of it, unable to grasp where's now the wall, the floor, the roof. He has no time to make sense of it as he hears it.

Anakin's scream.

He snaps his head to him, the alarm the piercing sound triggers in him lurches his feet to move by reflex, yet it collapses under him at the same time, his limbs unrecovered from the shock. His eyes can see, but his mind can't make sense of what he's seeing.

Anakin's small body is curled down, his hands pulling at his hair, white knuckles bared, and the child shakes so violently, Obi-Wan thinks his eyes are at fault for that at first.

Yet what he's hearing denies it at once.

"It hurts! It hurts! No! Please! Help! Help me!"

Obi-Wan can't make his mind work or think about anything, it's paralyzed, he acts on impulse and blindly launches his body to run through the oppressing power of the force, as if trying to move a mountain. He's using his force energy himself, which staggers erratically again, like that one other time, but he doesn't have time to register that. He feels his body ripping apart from the splitting weight and power crushing him from all the sides, yet he's pushing through it. He must. Anakin. Anakin. A few more steps and he'll reach him. He's almost there, he's almost-

"It burns! It burns!"

A shrill explodes then. A sound so sharp and blaring, it slays his ears, screeches raw at his heart and mind, that Obi-Wan is left blank in confusion of what just happened for a second. When Anakin starts to choke through rasping gasps and he realizes with horror, that was Anakin's scream. The boy's force is screaming on its own now, moving so fast, the air becomes too dense and so compressed within its raging power, that now Obi-Wan struggles to breathe himself.

No, it's not only the air. It's inside of him. A second too late he notices how his body fails him, only a feet away from Anakin, crumbling down like struck by something too heavy, unbearable, deadly. All of the sudden his mind is wiped out. He doesn't have a name anymore. Thought, awareness, senses, a before, an after, the here and now.

There's only pain.

So much pain. It's agony. It's torture.

It's too much. It's maddening. Someone end it. Kill him. Now!