Chapter 1: The deal

''Child... child...'' 

''Wake up... child...''

A whispering voice reached the ears of a certain redhead who was struggling to open his eyes.

'Annoying...Whose voice is this?' 

'I remember dying, so shouldn't I be on my way to hell?'

After a few seconds, he decided to open his eyes to see what's going on. The moment he did so...

''Hm, did I go blind? he says, rubbing his eyes with both hands.

''What's this darkness? Is this how hell is supposed to look like?

He was enveloped in complete pitch darkness that was so dark that he couldn't even see his own hands. 

''Child...'' a voice was heard and a sudden blinding light ate up all the darkness in an instant.

''Urgh...'' Cale covered his eyes, afraid that he might really go blind this time.

''Open your eyes, child.'' 

''Huh? Who are you?'' Cale was taken aback the moment he opened his eyes.

  In front of him stood a man whose skin was slightly dark with white hair and  deep black eyes that resembled a black hole. He seemed to be in his early thirties, dressed in a white long-sleeved shirt with grey trousers. 

''Are you a grim reaper? the redhead asked after feeling a bone chilling air coming from him. He also notice that the room they were in resembled a library, surrounded by tall shelves of books with a wooden table and chairs in the middle. There were also two cups placed on the table.

''No. I am the God of Death. ''

''Nice to meet you.'' he says with a grin on his face.

''What the fuck? What kind of god says ''nice to meet you'' to a lowly human?'' Cale accidentally said out loud what he was thinking.

''Heh, heh, ha, ha, ha!!! the God of Death burst out laughing covering his eyes with his hand.

''You two really are the same.'' he says staring right into Cale's eyes.

''What do you--''

''Well, I could ask you the same. What kind of human is so bold in the presence of a god? You should be trembling like a leaf and kissing the ground in front of me.'' he states while spreading an aura of death that could instill fear into your bones and make you unable to breath.

''Like hell I would.'' Cale was unbothered. 

The God of Death wasn't surprised that his aura didn't work on the redhead. After all he is someone who was surrounded by death almost all his life. And the death embraced him the moment he wished for it. The soul of such a person...

''You're something else for sure. Well, let's take a sit, we have a lot to discuss.'' He says while pointing to the table.

Cale frowns, but complies while trying to figure out the situation his in.

''I will tell you why I brought you here.'' He then takes a sip of whatever was inside the cup.

''Make a deal with me.'' he said placing down the cup.

*clack*

''What kind of deal? Cale asks raising an eyebrow with a curious gaze.

''Be my saint.'' The God Of Death said with eyes in crescent form and a wide smile while clasping his hands together and placing his chin on them.