Chapter 22: Vow of Death

"What is it that you want?"

Cale's voice was extremely cold and stoic as usual. However, this just confirmed in Taylor's mind that this person in front of him was not a trash. In fact, he was smarter than most people thought.

Taylor had not come here just to drink with Cale. Alcohol was only good when you were comfortably drinking with people you could trust. Drinking with others was just for easy conversation and observing the other party.

"What kind of person do you think I am, young master Cale?"

Cale quietly observed Taylor after hearing his question, before approaching his bed and picking up a pouch. He brought it back and put it on top of the table.

Clang.

A metallic sound filled the room as the pouch slightly opened. Inside the pouch were plenty of gold, silver, and bronze coins. Cale's confident voice filled the room.

"I don't know why you are heading to the capital right now, when every noble in the country's attention is focused on the capital, but I'm sure there is only one thing people like you who are heading into the lion's den want from me."

Cale had expected it from the moment they asked to follow him to the capital, as well as every time he felt their gazes during the trip.

"The wealthy Henituse family. You want money, right?"

Sigh

The priestess Cage let out a sigh that was almost like a gasp of admiration. Taylor was someone who used to play at the top before falling off a cliff, but Cage was someone who had always been at the bottom. To someone like her, Cale was an unique individual.

He asked the butler for alcohol whenever he had a free moment.
He did not care at all about what his subordinates did, and only ate the highest quality food.
He only stayed in the most luxurious inns, and always seemed to be relaxed. He also did not care about what he said to others.

However, he was definitely not trash.
Her friend Taylor understood this even better than she did.

"So you already knew."

"It was obvious."

Cale answered as if it was not difficult to deduce at all.

"Based on how you are traveling, you look like you are lacking in money. In order to stay at the capital, especially stealthily, you need money more than anything else. I'm sure this was not originally your plan, but it was only natural to ask when you have the golden turtle traveling with you."

Taylor could not disagree with anything Cale just said. It was the truth. Cale Henituse was someone who did not try to avoid him, the eldest son who was pushed aside by his family. Asking Cale and hopefully getting some money was their best course of action.

Even if Cale said no, it didn't look like Cale would tell Venion about Taylor's request. Cale seemed to hate complicated things.

In Taylor's eyes, Cale was someone who voluntarily hid from others.

"Thank you very much, young master Cale."

Cale did not say anything like, 'you're welcome.' Instead, he was ready to put into play his plan that he had formulated and thought over ever since they started following him.

"Will you be leaving early in the morning?"

"Yes. We were planning on stealthily leaving, but came here to see you before we left. We need to take care of things on our own now."