Chapter 35: The big day

Cale was staring at the two individuals who came into his room and asked with a irritated voice.

''What's the meaning of this?''

He could see the fidgeting Hans trying hard to answer him, but couldn't find his words.

"Good morning, young master. Today is a big day, so I thought I'll help you get ready so you can shine in the palace.'' Ron answered while displaying his usual benign smile. Of course, he was aware why Cale was annoyed by his presence.

'Annoying old man. There's no need to traumatize poor Hans'

''You could've just waited by the carriage as usual-- Never mind. Get to work. We're running late.''

Ron nodded his head.

''R, right away, young master-nim.'' Hans responded and started preparing the clothes right away.

----------------------

After all of the preparations were completed, Cale got on a carriage in front of the residence's main gate. It was not the Henituse carriage, instead, he was going to be riding with someone else today.

"Why did you want to go together?"

Amiru responded with a calm smile, as Cale asked the question while getting onto the carriage. Amiru had reached out and asked Cale to go with her today.

She got right to the point, since Cale did the same without even greeting her first.

"Young master Cale, what do you think about our territory building a naval base?"

Cale started to smile.

He had already received a letter from Eric letting him know that the tourism investment discussion did not go well. Eric said both Gilbert and Amiru were very disappointed. However, Amiru did not seem to be very disappointed. In fact, she seemed to have made up her mind about something else, something big.

He looked toward her and started to speak.

"Didn't you already make up your mind, young lady Amiru?"

Amiru lightly nodded her head.

"Yes. I didn't think it was a decision I could make on my own, so I contacted my mother. I plan to discuss it with young master Gilbert today as well."

The creation of a new military base. Something like that was not easy to accomplish. The money wasn't the issue, it was more about the relationship between powers within the territory that complicated things. Especially in times of peace, like right now.

That was why the crown would have their eyes on the Northeast. The east was the only side with access to the ocean, but, most importantly, there was a balance of power in the East. It would also be difficult for the high-ranking nobles in the other regions to influence such a base as well.

"Then young lady Amiru's concern is that the crown's influence in your territory will get stronger because of this?"
"Yes."

Amiru gave a short answer, before continuing on.

"That is why I asked for this time with you today."

It meant that she had something to discuss with him. Cale leaned on the back of the seat, and asked while in a comfortable position, as if he was in his own carriage.

"I am curious to know what your question is, but I think I need to tell you something first."

He knew why Amiru was here.

"Any decision regarding the funds of the Henituse family is made solely by my father. A trash like me has no decision-making powers."

The royal family would grant permission to build a naval base and invest huge sums of money. Naturally, the ownership of that naval base would then be passed on to the royal family.
When building a military base in a territory that is outside the capital, there are a lot of different contracts between the crown and the nobility for ownership and other logistics involving the military base.