Chapter 19: Vitality of the Heart(3)

Cale was standing in front of a cave just off of the mountain path. The cave entrance was covered with vines, such that it would be difficult to find unless you were looking carefully.

"Damn it."

Cale started to frown.

The cave entrance was pretty small. He looked down at his clothes. He choose to wear luxury clothing  today of all days.

''Sigh''

Cale let out a long sigh before crawling into the cave. Whether it was the man-eating tree or this cave, everything related to ancient powers seemed to be crazy. The ground by the cave entrance now had the traces of Cale crawling in.

A moment later, there was a small reptile footprint on the same spot.

Cale could see the cave becoming wider after crawling in for about five minutes.

'Taylor must have been really desperate. He crawled all the way in here, even with his disabled lower body.'

Since you had to stack the rock tower with your own strength, the eldest son Taylor had to personally come here. What took Cale five minutes to do probably took Taylor much, much longer.

Cale stood back up once it was wide enough and started to walk farther in. The farther he went in, the clearer the noise in his ear became.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish. Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

It was the sound of the wind. The sound that appeared when the winds were hitting each other became louder as he walked farther into the cave. Finally, Cale located some cloth and a pillar that was probably a hut a long time ago.

After taking a single look at it, Cale continued to walk farther inside.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiish.

The sound of the wind became even stronger. 

Boom Boom

He could even hear the wind crashing into the cave walls like a giant fist. Cale started to walk even faster.

'The wind. I wonder if it will sound like this when I get the, 'Sound of the Wind,' ancient power later.'

Shield. Then Recovery. Then quick feet. That was Cale's plan of action. Cale finally had to stop walking after thinking about the next ancient power he would be trying to get.

It wasn't that he stopped walking, it was that he was forced to stop walking.

"Wow."

This was even worse than Cale had expected.

A large underground area had appeared in front of Cale. At the same time, a vicious wind tornado filled his gaze.

Boom Boom

The rocks on the cave walls were slowly crumbling because of the tornado. There were quite a bit of rocks on the ground that let Cale know that this area was consistently getting larger.

"Mm."

Of course, the center of that tornado will be calm, as it is the eye of the storm.

'I guess it would have been impossible for Taylor without Cage's help.'

He now understood why the novel said the two of them had struggled for a whole week. However, Cale started to smile. It was now going to be a battle against time.

Cale stepped into the underground area, into the vicious tornado, without any hesitation. Cale's red hair started to flutter along with his clothes.

At the same time...