Chapter 27: A change of plans

After listening to the report about what happened during their mission, Cale came to a conclusion.

'The information I have isn't set in stone. Things are bound to change the more I take action.'

Due to that, he needed to form a new plan in case something unexpected happened. For the upcoming terror incident, there was a high chance that something  would go different than what he knew. That's what his intuition was telling him, so he needed to prepare accordingly.

He looked toward Choi Han, who was eagerly waiting for him to speak.

''Choi Han, tell me honestly. Do you think I'm part of the organization that destroyed your home?''

Choi Han frowned as he started to think about all that happened. After a short silence, he started to speak.

''To be honest, there were moments when I suspected that, but...''

''But?''

''...I don't think that is the case.''

''Why so?''

''...I don't know exactly how to explain this. But I'm someone who lived alone for a long time, so I trust my instinct the most.''

''And what is it telling you?''

Choi Han stared silently at Cale, then added.

''That you know exactly who they are and you want to destroy them.''

It was Cale turn to be surprised. Who would think that he could figure out that much? 

'I don't think Ron has figure that out yet even though he was at my side longer'

After hearing his response, Cale put on a sly smile.

''How did you figure that out?''

Choi Han was sure after that question. 'I'm right'

''Because of the look in your eyes.''

Cale blinked. ''What about it?''

''Those eyes belongs to someone who seeks revenge. The same as mine. That's how I know that you hate them as much as me even though, apparently, you have no reason to do so.''

Cale fell silent after hearing his explanation. He was at a loss for words for the first time in a long time.

'I don't think I'm that easy to see through, but he could deduce all that? Did I misjudged him?

''You're right, but I don't plan on telling you my life story, so are you willing to follow me like you did until now?''

''Without questioning your plans?''

''Yes, because what I'm about to tell you is very important and I cannot tell you more details than needed.''

Choi Han answered with determination after a moment of silence.

''For the sake of my revenge, I'm willing to do anything.''

''Good.'' Cale said with a smile.

'I finally put my own leash on him'

Cale's original plan to prevent the terror incident was to use the dragon to find the magic bombs and deactivate them at the right time. Then while everyone was in commotion after their appearance, he would stealthily kill them one by one. But with everything that happened so far, what if the enemy had a backup plan in case something goes wrong? He needed to prepare for the worst case scenario. 

''Now that we cleared that out, let's get down to business.''

''Yes, Cale-nim.''

Hearing his brightly answer, Cale smirked and then his face turned serious.