Chapter 26: The aftermath

Cale left the arena with Choi Han and could see Ron and Hans standing outside.

"Ron, follow me. Hans, guide the two people still in the Arena."

Cale had Hans, who was waiting outside the first floor entrance, take care of Rosalyn and Lock while Cale was returning to his room with Choi Han and Ron.
The table which held the now cold food from earlier was between the three of them, as Cale started to speak.

"Tell me."

"Yes."

They got right to the point without beating around the bush. Choi Han straightened up, as he was the first that started to speak.

"Everything was fine until we met Rosalyn."

"Continue."

"We arrived at the city Cale-nim mentioned. Once we got there, we found the merchant guild heading for the capital as you described. Well, it was just a small brigade of five people rather than a guild."

That small group was better described as a merchant group rather than a merchant guild.

"They happened to be looking for two mercenaries to guard them. Their usual guard was injured."

Choi Han and Rosalyn became the two mercenaries. That was how it was supposed to according to the information.

'But I added Ron, could that be the cause that made things go different?' Cale thought as he listened.

"That was where we met Rosalyn, who looked just like you described."

Breck Kingdom was across the Northwest border of the Roan Kingdom. Rosalyn was originally heading from Breck Kingdom to the Magic Tower in the Whipper Kingdom, located beneath the Roan Kingdom, when someone tries to assassinate her as she crossed into the Roan Kingdom.

She had been hiding about half of her magic skills until that point and is able to escape from the danger by using all of her skills. She thought it would be smarter to go to the capital of the Roan Kingdom and get some information from the Information Guild rather than going straight back to the Breck Kingdom, since she did not know anything about the people who attacked her.

'She then causes quite the scene when she gets back to Breck Kingdom.'

Choi Han, who just mentioned that he had met Rosalyn as a mercenary for the merchant group, continued on.

"She was also heading to the capital. Since we were heading to the same place, we were quite friendly with each other."

''I see. Go on.''

"That group was planning on staying at the village that you mentioned we would find Lock residing in for a few days before continuing onward on their journey."

That was indeed the case. That small merchant group of five people was made by someone who had been helped by the Blue Wolf Tribe. The injured guard was actually a warrior from the Blue Wolf Tribe.

The merchants deliberately chose to take the long way from Puzzle City to the capital to deliver daily necessities to the Blue Wolf Tribe and receive medicinal herbs in return.

Of course, it was extremely difficult, as well as a waste of even more time to go deep into the mountains to the Blue Wolf Village. That was why they met at a tiny village underneath the mountains. That merchant, who was now 60 years old, had continued this partnership for the last thirty years.

"But something happened once we arrived at that small village."

Cale became alert. The story was important from here.