Chapter 41: Let's save the Hero (2)

They continued to walk toward the end of the cave that seemed endless. The more they advanced, the more their hearts started to fill up with anxiety. The ominous energy that they felt in front of the cave was getting stronger. Like that wasn't enough, they could also sense a strong smell of blood. That forced them to be on guard more than ever.

''How big is this cave actually? We've been walking for half an hour already!'' Rosalyn spoke with frustration. She wished to just teleport where Cale is, but that was not possible.

''Don't lose focus. Anything can happen at any moment.'' Ron added in a calm and low voice, but his face clearly showed the urgency that they all felt.

They walked some more and finally, after a corner, they could see it.

''It should be behind this huge wooden door, right?'' Lock asked with curiosity and fear.

''It must be, but still, why is there no one around?'' the Knight Captain spoke as he looked around. ''There weren't traps either.''

''It doesn't matter, we need to go in anyway.'' Choi Han spoke with a firm tone. There was no reason or time to hesitate.

He unsheathed his sword and aura was gathering on the sword's blade.

Slash...

With one swift move, the door was slashed in half and once it crumbled, a cloud of dust had risen.

And when that door fully collapsed, they could feel it.

A wave of an energy that was so strong that it was hard to breathe and a nauseating smell of blood as well. It was like that door was partly sealing that energy, and now that is gone, they could feel it for real deep into their souls. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that it was similar to a Demon King's aura or even a God's.

It was at that moment....

Urgh!

Gasp!

Cough!

They all turned their heads.

''On, Hong, Lock! Rosalyn was shouting while trying to support them as they suddenly collapsed as they were having difficulty breathing.

''Cough... Huff, huff... cough!''

''Cough... urgh...''

Cough... cough... huff...''

''H, hold on, I'll cast a barrier to shield you from this overwhelming energy.''

Once that was activated, the children started taking deep breaths and were slowly calming down.

Choi Han, Ron and the Knight Captain approached them visibly worried. Even for them, this energy was hard to handle, of course, the kids would not be able to handle it.

Seeing this, Choi Han sneakily looked up and whispered to the empty air.

''Are you okay?''

[D, don't worry about me! I, I am strong! I can handle it]

The black dragon spoke in Choi Han's mind. Hearing his trembling voice, Choi Han noticed that he was pushing himself right now. He was a kid too.

''Don't push yourself, stay here with the others.''

[B, but...]

''Don't worry, we will bring him back safely, I promise!''

[...Fine. You promised. If you don't keep your promise, I will destroy everything and then myself!]