Chapter 16: A hangover

The next day, Cale had to deal with the kitten sibling's questions from early in the morning.

"Cale-nya, how did you get hurt?" On asked worried after seeing the bandaged hand.

''Oh, it's nothing. It was dark and I cut myself on a broken glass by mistake.''

''You should be more careful.'' Hong adds.

''Yeah, yeah.'' He said as he was patting them. "By the way, you took care of everything properly?"

"Yes!" But..."

"What?"

"We went to check the Viscount's villa on our way back."

"And?"

"They all seemed to be in a state of chaos. There were also soldiers and knights leaving the village."

"I'm sure they went to report." Cale added.

After regaining their consciousness, they probably sent people to Venion and investigated the area around the cave. However, that did not seem to be the end of the kids report.

"However..."

"Just say it." Cale rushed them as he didn't like how they were fidgeting.

"A part of the exit route we took from the cave was blown up. Even the trees, grass, ground, and everything around it was a mess."

"I'm sure the dragon did it." Cale quickly concluded.

Even if it is only 4 years old, the dragon was still extremely smart. It knew someone may come to the escape route, and probably decided to blow it up. Since dragons are also very sensitive to mana, it probably destroyed everything around it to destroy the magic tools in the area as well.

"It's good enough that it didn't kill all of the fainted people. It's probably holding back because it is still young and still has some fear."

"I see. We did feel a strong amount of mana there."

"Don't look down on the dragon just because it is small. You'll regret it."

Dragons were said to be large animals that were extremely petty. Cale praised himself once again for leaving the dragon instead of bringing it with him. It was at that moment.

Knock knock

''Come on in.''

Choi Han entered the room and sat down on a couch when Cale told him to.

"The name of the next city is Puzzle City. That is the middle point in our journey."

Once you get out of the Henituse territory that is surrounded by mountains, all the roads are well-paved from this small city in the Viscount's territory to the capital.

'That's the reason that the Henituse territory has been safe until now, even if it is a bit annoying for the merchants.'

"It took a while to get this far because our territory has a lot of mountains, but it will not take very long from here."

Puzzle City was not the middle point in terms of distance, but in terms of time.

"But Cale-nim."

''What is it?''

''Shouldn't Mr Ron be present as well, if we're talking about our departure?''

''Hm... You can fill him in with the details from now on. I'm not in the mood to talk to him.''