Chapter 15: Broken trust

Cale turned his head after hearing an extremely cold voice that sent shivers down his spine. He could see his ex-butler standing in a corner with  an unreadable expression on his face.

Cale gulped. 'Fuck'

''What--''

''You wear an interesting outfit.'' Ron cuts him off as he glared at the outfit that Cale's wearing.

Seeing that, the redhead scoffed.

''Ha! What's with that expression and aura, Ron? Are you showing your true colors right now?'' Cale asked with a piercing gaze as he took a step toward him.

'Damn it, of all people...'

Cale slightly flinched as he could feel the other killing intent.

'Is he for real? Bloodthirst? 

''True colors? What do you mean by that, young master?''

Cale stared at him for a few seconds before responding to him. He debated how to handle him. He quickly came to a decision.

''Ron Molan, the patriarch of the House of Molan. One of the five assassin households in the Eastern continent's underworld. You fled with your son about 20 years ago after you were attacked by an unknown organization. It's about time you drop the act and behave like the cold person you are.'' 

Ron stiffened. His eyes darkly glared at Cale. A chilling atmosphere was slowly setting in the room with every second.

Ron opened his mouth after a short silence.

''So you know about me. How? No one in the Henituse territory knows about me and my son, no, I don't think anyone in the entire Western Continent knows, so how did you found out? You never left the Henituse County.''

He decided that he must face this situation with a clear mind. He mustn't lose his cool before clearing it.

'Cale smirked. 'Of course, you'll be curious. I bet you think that I'm some impostor.'

Ron frowned. ''Not to mention that outfit, how did you know about them? Have you ever met them? 

Cale shakes his head. 

''Don't push it, Ron. You swore to me that you'll obey me and won't question me about what I'm doing. Have you forgotten already?'' he said as he took his jacket off and threw it on the bed.

''Interesting. Do you really think that shallow vow would make me follow you unconditionally? That you could put restrains on me? I need to know what connection you have with them, so give me an explanation, before I lose my calm.''

'This old man...'

The two made eye contact.

''Is that a threat, old man? 

*swiiish

Instead of answering, Ron took out a dagger and threw it toward Cale. It got past him with an inch away from his face.

''No, this is what I call a threat.'' He said in a dark tone after the dagger stuck into the wall.

Cale didn't even flinch as he was looking straight in the other's eyes.

''Ron.'' Cale called out to him in a low voice with a hint of anger. ''Do you know why I made you make that vow?''

Cale turns around to take out the dagger from the wall. He lightly touched the blade, feeling its coldness and sharpness.

Ron was watching his every move.

''Because I wanted to test you. If you are someone who can be trusted. I was hoping that even if you had your doubts about me and my behavior, you'd wait until that vow became null. You're someone that practically raised me, so you're aware that I'm the real Cale, not some impostor.''