Chapter 14: Dragon's saviour (2)

After coming out of the prison, Cale put the dragon down in front of the two kittens.

"That looks like it hurts."

"So sad."

On and Hong circled around the still silent dragon. The dragon started to show its teeth and growl at them. This was probably the first time in its life it ever saw anything other than humans.

Cale verified the time on his watch. It looked like they had just enough time to escape.

On approached Cale and tapped his leg. She seemed to be thinking about the potion Cale brought in his magic box. She couldn't ask him for it, so she could only act this way.

"Hold on."

Cale had brought that potion to use it. However, he needed to wait until the mana restriction chains were off. The potion would only work properly if the mana, which was practically as important as a dragon's heart, was no longer restricted.

Cale started to head toward the opposite side of the prison, the location the torturer seemed to be guarding. It wasn't very loud, but he could hear the soldiers groaning while coming to their senses in the distance. 

"Let's see."

Cale started to pat the cave wall with his hands. He kicked the torturer with his foot to get him out of the way, and continued to pat every aspect of the wall. The dragon growled after seeing the torturer, but stayed still and continued to focus on Cale.

'Venion's last line of defense should be around here somewhere.'

Like all of the members of Marquis Stan's family, Venion was extremely worried about someone intruding while he was inside. He had created a secret tunnel to use as an escape route if something like that ever happened. If the torturer knew about it, he probably would have used it to escape earlier, but, sadly, even the torturer did not know about this escape route.

'According to the information, there was a flat area on this bumpy wall-, ah here it is.'

There was a flat area about the size of a person's hand on this bumpy cave wall. Although Venion looked like he had OCD and would never do anything like training, everyone in the Marquis's family had learned martial arts.

'If you use a strong enough force on that location, the wall will open.'

It was not a magic device. Instead, the force of the impact made the device move. 

That was why Cale clenched his fist, covering it with a faint silver shield, and aimed to punch the wall.

*Boom *crumble

"Wow."

"Oh."

The kittens and the dragon dropped their jaws.

Cale ignored their reactions as they didn't have time for that and picked the dragon back up while the kitten siblings were admiring what happened.

Screeeeeeeech-

A chilling screeching noise came out of the wall, and an area the size of an adult male appeared to one side of the cave wall. He then took out a glowing orb from his bag in order to light up the path.

"Let's go."

 The dragon remained quiet in Cale's arms, with only the sound of its breathing coming out of it as they headed toward the exit. However, the eyes that were staring at Cale were still extremely vicious.

Rather than any gratitude for saving him, it seemed to be filled with thoughts of terror about being tortured by someone else, as well as anger and resentment toward humans.