Chapter 21: Emotional damage

Taylor had a bitter smile on his face as he started to speak.

"If it is inconvenient for your party, we will leave."

Taylor knew about Cale, the trash of the Henituse family. A luxurious golden turtle as their symbol, as well as being a handsome young man with red hair. There was no one other than Cale who fit that description. Even someone like Count Henituse, who did not join a faction, could find it uncomfortable to associate with someone like him. They were all like that after his body became paralyzed. Why would he be different?

"Why would you leave?"

Cale walked toward Taylor's carriage with a stoic expression on his face.

"This isn't my property. I wouldn't do something so childish when we are both fellow travelers."

Cale and Taylor made eye contact with each other. Cale then quickly peeked inside Taylor's carriage.

'She is there.'

The crazy priestess, Cage, was observing him from inside the carriage. Cale had info about how her curses were really scary. Some people even said her curses were at the level of a necromancer, the cursed profession.

Click

Taylor opened the carriage door. Proper etiquette indicated that he should step out of the carriage to return the greeting.

"It is difficult for me to step out because of my legs.''

"I am aware."

Taylor looked once more toward Cale, who did not seem to care about the proper etiquette, and shook his hand. It was just a short handshake.

"Nice to meet you, young master Cale."

"This is my companion, priestess Cage-nim. She is a follower of the God of Death."

 Cale looked toward Cage. Cage gracefully greeted him like a proper priestess.

"Nice to meet you, young master Cale. My name is Cage. May the peace of the night always be with you."

'Peace of the night.'  That was the general greeting those who served the God of Death gave to the public.

'She's acting all nice and innocent, even though she finds that to be so annoying. That is the number one reason she wants to be excommunicated.'

She really was good at acting. Cale smiled at Cage, who still had a very stereotypical smile of a priestess on her face, and confidently replied.

"I do not believe in a god."

'Huh?!' Cage's gaze became curious. Her gaze seemed to be asking what kind of crazy thing Cale was saying to a priestess, but Cale welcomed it. Cale just wanted her to keep thinking that he was a trash.

"You are an interesting person."

"I guess I am a bit interesting."

Cale just casually responded to her statement and looked around the carriage. It was extremely shabby for the eldest son of a Marquis. Just one knight, a subordinate, who also served as the driver, and the two of them, Cage and Taylor.

'I'm sure he's out of money as well.'

Taylor closed his eyes to hold back the shame while watching Cale look through his carriage. Cale did not put much meaning behind it, and started to think.

'They are probably heading to the capital because of my message.'

It was obvious where they were heading. It was to the capital, to meet the crown prince.