Chapter 39: Let's save the Hero(1)

Alberu Crossman stared at the spot where they disappeared, while processing what has happened in such a short amount of time.

Who could've expected this to happen today? They were sure that the place was heavily guarded against any intruders. After all, this kind of event happens every year and something like this never occurred.

'Is this the act of a border kingdom? But which one will pull something like this? No, what was their goal? To kill the king? Or to spread terror?'

His mind got more complicated the more he started to think about it. Then he remembered something he heard.

[''I know where, Cale-nim already told me. Rosalyn, can you cast a teleportation circle with the coordinates I'll give you?'']

''...He knew where they went?''

He suddenly blurted that out because of the sudden realization causing those around him to flinch.

Alberu closed his eyes and started organizing his thoughts. 

'How could that be? Does that mean he knew everything that was going to happen?'

Then he lightly shook his head.

'Just because he knew doesn't mean that he is on the same side.'

He started thinking about how Cale coughed blood after using his ancient power to save everyone. That was not an act of someone being in cahoots with the terrorists.

'There must be a reason.'

He slowly opened his eyes once he, somehow, understood the situation for now.

He could see the king heading toward the podium to calm down the crowd.

"I will do my best to get revenge for this cruel and terrible incident. That is why I want all of you to follow the orders of the crown and focus on calming yourselves and getting rest.''

''Your majesty, what about the person who saved us all?''

Someone from the crowd shouted that and made every noble recall what happened.

The oldest son of the Henituse household. The rumored trash that everyone tried to avoid. They always thought of him as the black sheep of the Count Henituse. But that very person had saved them all. They were alive thanks to that person. But he was kidnapped? He was also coughing blood before that happened. What will happen to him?

'He must be saved'

The king, Zed, who could read the expressions of the people in front of him, started to speak.

''Rest assured. The crown prince already sent people after him. They'll do anything in their power to bring him back. Let's trust them and wait.''

The crown prince, who was looking toward the King, had a different thought.

'If they bring him back, I must protect him. If the Royal Father finds out that he is somehow related to the enemies, he won't let it go until he gets some answers.'

''Haaaa....'' Alberu heavily sighed as he thought about how they will treat Cale upon the slight suspicion of treason.

'This is driving me crazy.'

------------------------------------------

''We have arrived.'' Rosalyn announced and they could see a vast forest in front of their eyes.

They were currently on an remoted island near the border of the northern coastline of the Western Continent.

[I am here. I arrived a bit early and I looked around. There seems to be a barrier surrounding the forest.]