Part 3 - The Guilt trip

As soon as the bus left for the temple, he turned around to see the house giving a deserted look. A look that he was very accustomed to 6 years ago. Eventhough he bought the house he never liked to reside in it until Akshara and Abhinav came into his life. They were the people who made his house a home.  Tears rolled down his eyes as he entered their bedroom and started packing up some of his clothes and certificates in a small suitcase . As he was packing his eyes fell on the photoframe of his family on his bedside. He kept it inside the suitcase , he wanted something to hold on to for rest of his life.

**************************************

The bus was proceeding through its route in chilly himachal weather going up and down the hilly ways.  Akshara was lost , she was sure she saw tears in Abhinav's eyes when the bus left from the house.

"Was he crying?" She felt a sting in her heart, she wanted to run away from the bus and get to him. She wanted to scold him so much for keeping whatever that was troubling him so much within himself.

"Did he not consider her his family enough to tell her everything? Did she not win his trust enough to become his confidant? Was she so alien to him?" Questions started flooding her mind and without even knowing she felt tears in her eyes too.  She felt something wrong is about to occur, one of the same feelings she has felt 6 years before.

"Abhir come here na.. we can sit together and watch the route from the windows " Abhimanyu called on Abhir who was sitting along with Aarohi who had a sleeping Ruhi on her lap. Abhir nodded no immediately and clenched onto Aarohi's saree. Abhimanyu felt weird seeing him behave like that but dismissed thinking he would have been tired after all the celebrations. So he took Ruhi into his hands and made her sleep comfortably in his lap.

Aarohi looked at Abhir who was disturbed and didn't even utter a single word since the wedding started. He didn't even speak to Ruhi, only nodded yes or no and kept a sullen face all along.  Eventhough she presumed that he was worried on not knowing about his RWP, she couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to what's affecting him right now. She made up her mind to have a conversation with him to clear up his mind.

"Abhir beta..." she called him and was horrified to see the tears marks down his cheeks . Abhir eventhough put up a brave face until now, the bus ride and the calmness made way back to the memories of whatever Manjari had told his papa. He was angry on her and wanted to shout but his upbringing didn't permit him to do so.

"Abhir ... kya hua .. why are you crying ? " She asked in a low voice not wanting to startle anyone else in the vehicle. 

Abhir nodded in a no and turned against the window again.

" Abhir.. I'm your maasi right? You can tell me anything bachcha ... I will make it right. " she assured him keeping a hand on his shoulder.

Abhir looked at his maasi again.  He knew he had to tell what happened to some adult today. His little mind couldn't hold it much longer. He revealed whatever he saw to Aarohi as her eyes got bigger in bewilderment.

Aarohi can't believe that Manjari could say all that to a pure soul like Abhinav. Eventhough she overheard them already speaking on the day before Sangeet. She thought it was an one off episode and Manjari was just venting her feelings on Abhimanyu not getting his son's love. But to stoop to this level, attacking Abhinav's status and his low self esteem was the most disgusting thing she could have ever done.

She recollected how Abhinav asked Abhir to take care of his mother and was saying goodbye to Akshara with tears in his eyes.

"Oh God .. no no ... was he planning to take a bad decision?" Aarohi's heart felt like a ton of bricks.

"Abhir I knew you told me this in confidence.. but it's imperative that I tell this to your mother right now.. will you be okay with it?" Aarohi asked Abhir for his permission to which he nodded a yes.

"Akshara.." she called on her sister who was sitting next to mimi . On hearing on her sister , Akshara turned around to which Aarohi asked her to move next to her. Seeing the seriousness on her face , Akshara immediately went and sat next to her.

As Aarohi narrated both the incidents to her , Akshara's face showed a variety of emotions from confusion to anger to pain to again anger and atlast fear.

Fear that her love would be snatched , fear that she will lose her love . Fear that her life will again crumble down. Fear that her happy family would be destroyed.

Besides all this fear she had one hope , an only hope on her Abhinav that he will never leave her alone. He has promised her never to leave her.  He will keep his promise and that led to more hopes . Hope that Abhinav will never take a decision for both of them without consulting her. Hope that he also believed in their love. Hope that he trusted her.

"Turn the bus around..  we need to go back to home" Akshara shouted at the driver startling everyone in the bus.

"Beta.. what happened.. why are you shouting? Did you forget anything? " Bade papa asked Akshara curiously.

"Bade papa, I don't have time to explain everything now, but we have to go back home " Akashra replied with fear clutching her voice .

"Akshu.. we can't do like that.. it will be apshagun to turn without going to temple" Mimi replied

"Mimi, you are not understanding. I have to go back.. I have to go back to my home.. my Abhinav " Akshara replied feeling very weak and dizzy. She slightly leaned on Aarohi who was standing next to her.

Aarohi too pleaded with them to turn the bus around and promised to explain in detail when they are headed back. Seeing  both his daughters so frantic, Manish knew something was wrong and ordered the driver to go back to home.

Abhimanyu was perplexed at the  happenings as others while Manjari could sense what was going on.

Aarohi first made Akshara sit down and gave her some water for her to stabilize.  Akshara hugged Abhir who was visibly scared , and assured him and herself that Abhinav will never take a decision to leave them.

Aarohi then started narrating the whole story to the Goenkas who were stunned to the core after hearing what and all Abhinav had to go through at his own home due to the vileness of a single woman. Everyone including Abhimanyu turned around to look at Manjari with a look of disgust and anger but she had no remorse at her face.

"I did what I think was in the best intrest of my son and my grandson. I dont have to care about anyone else " she said non chalantly.

" Manjari ji.." Manish growled at her but was stopped by Swarna who reminded him that it was more important now to contact Abhinav ji rather than fighting with Manjari.

Everyone tried calling Abhinav from their cellphones but was stuck with only one reply "The number you are trying to call has been switched off" .

**************************************
Will Abhinav keep up her hope?