Part 18 - Is it or not?

A week later

" Bhai ji.. is this some new reading method?" Abhinav heard Muskaan's voice which made him break out of his trance. He had been admiring his wife who was preparing for morning Aarti in the mandir.

" Huh what?" He asked being caught suddenly .

" Newspaper Bhaiji.. is this some new reading technique" she teased him looking at the paper bring upside down in his hands .

Abhinav immediate reversed it, taking the tea from Muskaan's hand , he pretended to concentrate on the paper hoping his sister would go away.

Muskaan took the seat next to him .

" You know she is your wife right? And you don't have to watch her like this?" Muskaan pulled his leg.

Abhinav rolled his eyes at his sister choosing not to respond.

" Bhai ji .. I can't believe you are stuck in the same position once again.. last time we had to push you so much to confess your love.. and we are back to square one.. why don't you directly tell her the truth about your relationship before the accident? She was able to aceept bigger things she will definitely accept this too" Muskaan encouraged her brother.

" That is what I'm most afraid of Muskaan.. that she might accept it but not feel it... all other things are just information, this is an emotion.. what if she accepts this but her heart doesn't feel the same ... what if she forces herself to love me... then it might never be the same... i don't want that" Abhinav spoke looking at Akshara.

" But Bhai ji.. she loves you too.. maybe her memory got lost but her heart knows it.. she will definitely feel the same.. I have no doubt" Muskaan reassured Abhinav.

" I hope so Muskaan.. but I can't take that chance.. let some time pass and see if she regains her memory.... I can wait for her forever.." he concluded passing a smile to Muskaan.

" What are you siblings gossiping about? Come here for pooja" Akshara's voice sounded in distance as both of them left leaving the topic.

**************************************
It was night time , with everyone in the house fast asleep, sleep eluded a lone person.

Akshara was sitting in her bed staring at a picture of their marriage. Abhir putting a hand on each of their shoulder and all three posing happily for a picture. Both her and Abhinav seemed to have happy tears in their eyes and looked very happy and content.

Past week ,after knowing the truth about the accident has been an emotional rollercoaster for her. Trying to process that a women who she had respected and cared for as a mother tried to kill her husband was much more to take in . But thankfully she had Abhinav with her, her forever companion, he had been there for her , rather it be giving her space or being there for her by her side, from a close friend to guide he had been her everything. She turned to take a look at him fast asleep in the other side.

A question still lingered in her mind... what were they? Just close friends? Until her memory could remember yes, they were good friends till then , but after that till the accident, were they just friends? Her mind couldn't accept it , they seemed much more . Everything around her was evident to how much things had changed between them. The main evidence being the man himself . Eventhough he had put up a guard against his feelings Akshara had caught him in his vulnerable state many times. His feelings and emotions towards her seemed to have changed drastically from what she could remember. He seems to be more casual and unconfined around her . The past Abhinav she remembered used to so bounded and always be on heels. She couldn't help but admire the small little changes in him.