Part 5 - The Seperation

Abhinav sat on the bed caressing the photoframe of the trio. He missed his family so much. His family . The only happiness he got these days . They will always be his .

It has been a week since Akshara left to Udaipur. For the first couple of days he tried apologizing as much as he could .

"Abhinav Ji, why don't you understand? If your apology is what I want, I would have stayed there itself when you first asked sorry. Please don't make this more awkward for me" that was the last time he spoke to her .

He didn't know what else to speak with her after hurting her so much.

The distance made his heart ache more for her . All these days , they were never physically close , but she radiated such warmth that now he felt the empty house feel so cold.

"If only I could take her into my arms, hug her so tightly , making all the hurt of hers go away" his mind wandered away from reality which was disturbed by his phone ringing.

It was Abhir, the only person who is keeping him sane for the past week.

Abhir video called him daily at bedtime, narrating everything that happened that day. They spoke for atleast half an hour daily telling PJs and discussing about football and family. The only time he would be happy after missing them all day.

The most important part , the only time he could get a glimpse of Akshara was through the video call. Mostly she would be reading a book sitting next to Abhir on the bed while he called. Not once she had turned and looked at him or spoke to him all during this week, but it was sufficient for him to just watch her .

It felt like home.

He picked up the call.

"Nikkeji, kaise hai tu? Kya masti kiya aaj?" He questioned as soon as Abhir came onscreen.

"IAG *I am good* papa , aap kaise hai? " Abhir questioned, but even before Abhinav could answer, he started about his day. Abhinav smiled at his son's eagerness .

" Papa, today me , Bumi and Mamu went to the cinemas. We watched Spiderman papa. It was so thrilling . Kairaav mamu played football with me after we came back. Then I even made a family drawing of us " Abhir shared his day excitedly with his papa.

" Ouijaa, I forgot the painting in my room itself. Wait I will bring it. You will like it so much " Abhir said and kept the phone slantingly on the pillow and ran away before Abhinav can even say a word.

There she was. His queen. Clad in her  blue night suit , she was reading her book asusual.

All this week he had to content himself by getting a glimpse of her whenever Abhir would roll around in the bed while speaking on the video call, mostly in the background but today thanks to Abhir , he saw her completely after what felt like an eternity to Abhinav.

First he felt guilty and lowered his gaze as soon as she came into the view but the heart wants what it wants and for now it wants him to look at his wife . He tried controlling his desire not wanting to get caught if she turns unexpectedly but to no use.

He slightly lifted his eyes to look at her. His heart started to flutter at the sight. Her hair tied in a loose bun with a strand of hair falling on her face. If only he could, he would have jumped into the screen to move that hair disturbing her.

As if on cue, she pushed it back. Abhinav continued looking at her, her kohl filled eyes , sculpted nose , red lips .For a minute he let his mind wonder what they would taste like but chastised himself for having that thought.

His gaze shifted to her cheeks.He could have sworn her cheeks were more red than they were a minute ago but he knew it was just his mind playing games at him.

**************************************

Akshara could feel her cheeks burning and her lips starting to curve into a slight smile . She knew he was looking at her without even turning. She could feel his intense gaze on her. It took all the strength in the world for her to not turn and look at him.

She knew that Abhir wouldn't sleep without calling Abhinav. So everyday she would sit besides him with a book so that she could hear Abhinav's voice. But she never turned to look at him because she knew if she looked at those puppy eyes pleading for her to forgive him and come back, her resistance will break. She even asked him to stop calling her to apologize because his voice was also doing the same.

She had to stay strong, for both of them. She wanted him to learn to fight for what was his . Abhir and Akshara belongs to Abhinav , he has to realize it. She didn't want him to apologize, she wanted him to ........

Akshara's thought broke when Abhir came running back and started showing his painting to Abhinav.

**************************************

Another week passed with Akshara continuing her facade and Abhinav missing his family.

It was late afternoon, Abhinav was sitting in his vehicle after dropping some passengers at the railway station . His phone rang.

He picked up to see the name.

"Akshara" the screen read.

He knew it was Abhir calling him, but the timing was weird, Abhir would always call at morning or night , that too he always video called him , but this was an audio call.

" Maybe, Nikkeji missed me " he didn't think much and attended the call.

" Nikkeji, papa ko bahut miss karta hai na, papa ko itni jaldi call kiya?" Abhinav spoke eagerly .

" Abhinav Ji, Mei Akshara bol rahi hoon" he heard the voice from the other side and froze. It has been two weeks since he had heard that voice .

"Akshara what happened, everything is fine na? " He wanted to make sure as he felt weird that she had called him all of sudden.

" Yes , nothing to worry Abhinav ji. I just called to inform that coming tuesday Abhir is having his follow up hospital tests after the surgery. He would feel more comfortable if you could be with him during the tests" Akshara informed him

"Ji ji, I will be there" Abhinav already knew about the tests , he wanted to be there, but didn't know if Akshara would be okay with it. So he thought no to go. But since she herself called him , he felt relieved.

" okay , mei phone rakh thi hoon" she said and cut the call.

Abhinav was on cloud nine. He was going to see his family after a long time but also felt slightly awkward thinking how things would be with them .

**************************************

Precap : who wants a jealous Mrs. Sharma?

Leave your love for the story in the comments and votes guys.