Part 4 - The confrontation

" Kindly don't search for me. I am leaving because I want to"

Abhinav wrote it in a piece of paper and kept it on the dressing table. He picked up his suitcase and went to the hall.

He looked at the photoframes, the once empty photoframes which Akshara and Abhir filled as they did with his heart.

" Akshara, if possible forgive me. Whatever I am doing today , I don't know if I am taking the right decision but I know it will be the better decision in the long run. You don't have to be stuck in this loveless marriage any further just because I helped you sometime in the past. You deserve a life of happiness with someone you love, I have seen how happy and glowing you have been since Bhaiji arrived here. Words can lie but expressions don't.

Abhir, I know this would be particularly difficult for you. I love you Yaara.. more than anything in this world. But with your new father you would get everything you need without even asking. Your future will be bright if you become a Birla. You are so intelligent, Manjari Bua was right, I was stealing your future because of my happiness.

Hope you both stay safe and live a long life happily ever after"

Abhinav kissed a photo of Abhir on the fireplace, after placing it back carefully, he picked up his suitcase and turned towards the front door where Akshara and Abhir was standing with the whole family behind them.

**************************************

Abhinav's heart did a double take seeing all of them . He wasn't expecting them to come back for another two hours. He thought he had enough time to get away.

Akshara's bloodshot eyes wandered from his eyes to the suitcase in his hand to again his eyes as if questioning him what he was trying to do. He wasn't sure when they came and no idea of how much they knew.

"Ak..sh..ara" he called out meekly not knowing how and what to explain.

Abhir ran to him and hugged him tightly repeatedly asking him to not to leave them.

" Papa, I heard everything Manjari dida was telling to you in garden. I also know that doc man is my RWP. But I don't care, you will always be my papa no matter what. No one can take that place . Please papa I don't need my own room or sports shoes. I only need you. Those things have no value if you are not with me. Please papa.. please papa..." Abhir pleaded with him.

Abhinav couldn't believe his own ears. His son chose him even after knowing he lied to him about his identity for all these years. Abhinav knelt down and took his Nikkeji into a tight hug and kissed him all over the face.

The Goenkas along with Abhimanyu had tears in their eyes seeing the purest bond these two shared. Manjari was fuming in anger and was about to react when she heard someone clapping.

Akshara slowly clapped and made her way to both father and son. Abhinav and Abhir broke off their hug disturbed by that sound. Abhinav stood up and looked at Akshara whose face was devoid of any emotions. Her eyes were cold just like how he saw her 6 years before.

Abhinav nudged Abhir who understood and ran off to Swarna who took him and Ruhi to Neelamma's house .

"Looks like father and son have reconciled.. afterall they do share a bond of pure love" she said looking at him . Abhinav didn't knew how to react , her words sounded sincere but her tone was sarcastic.

Before he could say anything, she continued ,

" But where do I stand in all this, Abhinav Ji?" She asked , the impact of additional JI not missing on him.

"Akshara.. Mei..." he stumbled not knowing how to start his apology.

" Mei.. Aap.. kya Abhinav Ji.. boliye? What is my place here? What were you saying to the frames before trying to leave? " she asked tapping her fingers on her chin , pretending to think .