Part 14 - The confusion

" Hello! " the doctor greeted as Akshara and Abhinav both walked into her office .

" How are you feeling today?" She asked addressing Akshara.

" Fine doctor" Akshara said unsure of her herself.

" Ok...where did we leave yesterday? Oh yeah, Abhir's surgery.. Mrs. Sharma as I had already mentioned if you are not sure, we can talk about something else for now?" The doctor asked to make sure she is comfortable.

"No doctor , without knowing all the details , i dont think ,i can be in peace.. so let's get it all over with " Akshara replied getting herself mentally ready .

" Very well! Mr. Sharma! Lets continue" the doctor gave her the green signal as Abhinav prepared himself for the conversation.

" Akshara, Mimi ke birthday ke kuch din ke baad hum kasauli wapas chale gaye" Abhinav started the story.

" Kuch din ke baad? Par hum toh birthday ke agle din tickets book karwaye the na.. mujhe yaad hai" Akshara asked confused about the delay.

" Haan.. wo hum agle din nikal gaye the par airport jaane ke raasthe me Abhir ko bukkar aagaya tha isliye hum ko return goenka mansion aana pada" Abhinav answered as she nodded with attention.

" Phir Abhir theek hone ke baad hum kasauli gaye the.." Abhinav stopped speaking

" Abhinav.. what happened?" Akshara asked as he paused the story as the incidents that happened in between those days flashed before his eyes.

" Haan.. wo kuch nahi.." Abhinav decided to skip all that for now and concentrate just on Abhir and his illness.

" After returning to Kasauli, Abhir started becoming ill frequently but since at that time weather was changing we blamed his condition on it, but one day during a football match at his school , he fainted . We rushed him to the hospital where after tests, it was concluded that he had a hole in his heart" Abhinav stopped for a second to make sure Akshara was okay.

She looked at him with tears brimming in her eyes. He forwarded his hand under the table. She closed her hand over his and nodded for him to continue.

" The doctor suggested that he needed operation as soon as possible . So we admitted him in kasauli city hospital and the operation was done but the doctor couldn't close the hole in his heart. It was more complex . So he gave us a list of top notch cardiologists in India who could perform the surgery" Abhinav looked at her and gathered his strength for the upcoming.

" One of the names in the list was Abhimanyu Birla. We took Abhir to Udaipur to meet him" Akshara's eyes widened in shock as she loosened the grip on Abhinav's hand.

" Akshara.. aap theek hai na?" Abhinav questioned concerned.

She looked at him sideways fear evident in her eyes.

" Mrs. Sharma , shall we stop?" The doctor could also sense the change in her face.

" Doctor is it okay if we speak about this in our room within ourselves?" Akshara requested.

" Hmm Ok.. but if you feel any pain or anxiety , please try to stop the conversation then and there. Mr. Sharma, you have to take care" the doctor advised as they both proceeded to their room.

**************************************
Abhinav stood facing the window as Akshara sat in the attender's bed trying to wrap her head around the recent information.

" Abhimanyu...? How did we... " Akshara's head was full of questions.

" We had to Akshara.. we didn't have a choice" Abhinav answered the question in her mind without even facing her.