Part 7 - The Confession

The ride to the hospital was pleasant and fun filled , with Abhinav cracking PJs making Abhir burst with laughter. Akshara just stayed silent and let her boys enjoy their time together after long.

The hospital tests ended in a jiffy and everything turned out to be normal, much to everyone's pleasure.

" Akshara, woh.. actually.. since the tests ended this soon, can we take Abhir out to the mall today? " Abhinav asked his wife while standing at the hospital parking lot. He knew she wouldn't stop him from spending time with his son but he wanted to spend time with her too.

Akshara looked at those puppy eyes , she too wanted to have a quality family time

"Ok.. let's go " she nodded her head as both papa and beta got excited and hi- fived each other . He passed her a little smile .

It was noon by the time reached the mall

" Let's have lunch first and plan what to do . Nikkeji.. bolo lunch mei kya chahiye" Abhinav questioned his son

" Pizza papa" he said without even giving a second thought

The trio had their lunch and went to a animation movie.

After which they proceeded to the play area .

All through the day,  Akshara stayed as a silent spectator to the father son antics . She missed them so much.  Abhinav giving up to every whim of Abhir and Abhir clinging to his papa for comfort. That was her peace. That was her home.

Abhinav and Akshara were standing together , Abhir was playing a shooting game inching closer to the highest score ever recorded.  They kept on cheering him . As the time was about to end , Abhinav felt a hand entwine with his.  He looked down to see his wife has clutched his hand in anticipation.  He slowly closed his hand over hers and looked at her . As Abhir won, she turned towards him and saw him looking at her.  First confused,  then she saw their hands together.  She retracted hers, eventhough dejected Abhinav was happy at the little contact.

It was 7 when they finally reached home. Abhir was drowsy and exhausted from all the fun they had.

" Aao sab log, dinner ready hai" Swarna called them .

All of them proceeded to have dinner.  Abhinav fed Abhir from his plate.

" Buddy, tell me about all the fun you had that you seem too tired to even eat?" Manish initiated a chat

" Buddy, we had full masti today. We went to mall. There we had pizza, saw a film and played at the arcade too. You know, I got the highest score in a game and collected so many tokens! " Abhir kept on talking about the day.

Goenkas were happy to see the family together again.

" I'm so tired from all that playing. I just want to sleep. And papa is also here. So I will sleep with mama and papa after so long" Abhir added. Abhinav tensed up .

" Yaara, sorry I forgot to tell you . But I have booked return tickets in tonight's train. So papa won't be here all night" he said with a guilt ridden face that he is not able to fulfill his son's wish.

Akshara was crestfallen hearing his plans but decided not to show any reaction.

" Aree papa, aise kaise, you come after so many days , and dont even spend a full day with me! Not fair papa" Abhir said turning his face away from Abhinav.

" Mama, aap bhi kuch kaaho na papa ko, daant toh lo" he went to Akshara knowing she was the final decision maker.

" Abhir,  mei kyu daantu tumhara papa ko, wo uska baala bura jaanta h, wo jo bhi karta h uske hissab se karte h" Akshara was angry at him for the same reason Abhir was.