Part 16 - The verdict

Hi guys, need a little clarification. Actually I'm south Indian so my hindi is a little weak . So I try my best to write the dialogues in hindi but at times I have to switch to English. Are you guys okay with me writing like this or should I stick to English? Please leave your suggestions! Thank you.

" Akshara.. kya hua .. kuch baat hai kya? Aap pareshan lag rahi hai?" Abhinav asked as she raised her head to look at him .

He could understand that something was troubling her but couldn't point out what was the reason.

" Abhinav.. ye... ye mere gale mein mangalsutra..." she stammered tracing her picture in the album.

Abhinav again took a look at the picture and realized his slip up. In all their wedding pictures her neck was covered with some ornaments hiding the nuptial chain but in this family picture it was clearly visible. His already tired state of mind had failed to noticed it.

" Wo.. Akshara.. wo" he tried to first rehearse what he was going to say in his head.

" Abhinav.. Humne bas court marriage kiye the na.. toh iss mangalsutra kahan se aagayi?" Akshara questioned totally confused .

" Akshara " he called out taking the album from her and keeping it away. Turning her to his side he took her hand in his.

" Akshara.. wo pehli baar jab hum Kasauli lautne ke baad neelamma ne hum dono ke liye ek pooja arrange kiye the.. ye mangalsutra.. uss pooja mei .." he dragged trying to carefully gauge her expression and contemplating on how to proceed.

" Aapne pehanaya...?" she asked directly he nodded in affirmation. Her hand subconsciously traced her now empty neck.

" Toh humari shaadi bhi hui thi iss che mahine mein?" She questioned feeling astounded. She remembered nothing of what is now seeming to be the most happening 6 months in her life.

Akshara eventhough taken aback by the news of their wedding but she was not horrified or upset. Her realized her mind wasn't in any distress hearing the new information.

" Aapne bhaiya aur Muskaan ki shaadi ke bare toh itni bar bol chuke hai, aapko ye nahi laga ki humaare shaadi ki baare mei bhi bolna chahiye?" She asked shrinking her eyes at him.

" Wo.. aise nahi hai ji..I was just not sure how you would take the news.. was just waiting for the right time to tell it to you " he was slightly relived that she didn't have any huge reaction to the news and was taking it with ease.

" Aapke paas pictures hein?" She queried as he nodded in a yes and opened his phone to show their wedding pictures.

Akshara couldn't help but notice how happy and radiaing they both looked. She especially looked content and in peace. The look that had been lost in her for years.

She smiled swiping through all the pictures . Him making her wear the chunni and the mangalsutra and filling her hairline with sindoor. The happy tears in both their eyes in the picture gave away how exhilarating the wedding was to them.

She was glad to be Abhinav's wife ritually too. The relationship which was only in papers now has turned real. Her lips curved into a small smile thinking about it.

" Bahut late hogaya ab.. aap so jaayiye.." he said taking his phone from her and walked to the couch. She broke out of her thinking and looked at the album lying open on the bed with the same picture.

**************************************

Next day morning, Abhinav was getting ready while Akshara came out of the restroom after freshening up for the day. Abhinav took a glance of her in the mirror, and his heart did a double take. She was wearing a orange saree. Along with the wet hair look she looked so alluring. Akshara looked at him and caught his gaze in the mirror. She felt her cheeks burning under his gaze.