Part 12 - The truth

Doctor walked out of the room after conducting some more tests on Akshara.

" Dr , Akshara ko kya hua? Wo aise kyun bath kar rahi thi?" Abhinav questioned him

" Mr. Sharma, due to the trauma caused to her brain, she is now suffering from retrograde amnesia. In this condition, the patient forgets a part of their life. In Mrs. Sharma's case she has forgotten the last few months of her life.

Her memory has reeled back to the month of May. To her ,the last event she remembers is some hazed memory of her grandmother's birthday. Everything that happened after that has been wiped out of her memory." The doctor explained the situation.

" Toh iska matlab she will never get her memory of these 6 months back?" Manish asked with concern.

" Mr. Goenka, it is really difficult to say right now. These are things we can't predict . We have seen cases of retrograde amnesia where patient regains their memory within 24 hrs and in some cases they never regain it , in some patients they get partial memory back.. so it's not possible to say. " Doctor detailed about the condition.

Abhinav's heart felt like a ton of bricks

' She forgot all about our marriage and love! Akshara ki kanha Ji kyun aap humare parisha le rahe hain? ' Abhinav's mind was racing with thousand thoughts.

' No Abhinav.. you shouldn't think like this.. she is safe that's all that matters now. Whatever happens let's leave it to fate and face it in future. The most important thing now is her health' Abhinav decided clearing his head.

" Doctor wo ab kaisi hai?" Abhinav enquired

" She is out of danger. Health wise she is doing fine as of now. Due to the surgey and the trauma she is feeling weak but nothing to worry there.

The main issue here is her mental health. Because she doesn't remember the accident, she has many questions inside her which is causing her anxiety. We have now sedated her for her to rest for some time.

While it's important for her to learn the truth from someone she trusts, but don't divulge too much in a single occasion.. take it slowly.. always gauge her reaction to the news.. see if she takes it with ease, if not divert the topic and come back when she feels okay " the doctor advised and walked away

Abhinav looked at her face through the door as a single tear made its away down his eyes.

**************************************

" Abhinav Ji.. Mimi called , the kids are now awake and have started asking questions about all of us !" Aarohi said taking a seat beside him in the waiting area.

" I'm not sure to what to tell Abhir Saali ji. Will he able to understand?" Abhinav asked in confusion.

" Abhinav Ji.. Abhir is really mature for his age.. aap worry mat kijiyega.. if you make him understand he definitely will . If you are not ready, I completely understand. Whatever is happening would have been tougher for you, leave it to me. I will try to make them understand the situation. " Aarohi tried to ease his anxiety and got up to leave.

" No saali ji.. I will come. One min" after checking up on a still sedated Akshara they both left to the wedding place.

**************************************

" Mimi.. baatiye na.. sab log kahan gaye.. kahin hum theeno ko chodkar cavation toh nahi chala gaya?" Abhinav and Aarohi heard Ruhi's voice in the corridor

" cavation nahi woh vacation hota Hoi ruhi chuhi" Abhir corrected her.

" wahi wahi billa boy... wow.. matashree aur Maasa aagaye" Ruhi saw them and ran towards her mother and took her into a hug