Part 13 - Recollect

" Abhinav Ji, I need some time alone " Akshara requested as she entered her room trying to grasp the recent information.

Abhinav silently stood outside the room honoring her wish but kept an eye on her through the door.

She walked back and forth as she tried to recollect her memory again and again but it kept on reseting on Mimi's birthday. But it only seemed to increased her headache and the more she thought, the more her brain strated becoming hazy.

Atlast, giving up she plopped down on the bed covering her face with her hands as the tears rolled from her eyes.

Before the tears could touch the ground, Abhinav was before her kneeling on the ground.

She sensed his presence without even taking her hands off her eyes.

" Abhinav Ji... mei jitna bhi sochun, mujhe kuch yaad nahi aarahi hai.... mei soch soch ke thak gaya hun.. par Mimi ke birthday ke baad mere dimaag mei kuch bhi nahi hai..Abhinav Ji ye sab saach hai?...ya koi mujhpe maazak toh nahi kar raha hai? Ya ye kuch bura sapna toh nahi hai.. " She asked as tears kept on flowing continuously from her eyes. She took off her hand and looked at him for an answer.

Abhinav's heart broke seeing her in this condition. Her tears made him emotional as his eyes became watery . Unable to form a sentence, he just shook his head in a no conforming that her memory loss is not a nightmare or someone's trick.

She closed her eyes trying to accept the reality. He controlled his emotions. He had to be strong for her too.

" Akshara..." he called out instinctually as his emotions came to forefront .

He bit his tounge realizing his action.

"I mean...Akshara ji...aap ith.." he started speaking when Akshara interfered . Her tears have stopped as she accepted the truth .

" Akshara , haina?" She asked opening her eyes .

" Huh?" He averted his gaze from her.

" I may have lost my memory Abhinav ji but not my observation skill... I have been noticing for the past week, you have been struggling to call me as Akshara ji.. especially when something emotional comes up ,you call me as Akshara instinctively then add ji after a pause realizing your folly.

All this while I thought it was an accidental slip of the tounge or my broken mind playing games on my hearing. But now knowing this truth , it is becoming clear that Akshara wasn't a slip of tounge but a force of habit.

Somewhere in this 6 months , I have evolved into Akshara from Akshara ji for you, right?" She questioned him with her logic.

He looked at her eyes which were daring him to defy her and knowing she will catch if he lied he just silently nodded in an yes.

A moment of silence passed.

" Kab hua? Wajha kya tha?" She asked softly excited to hear the back story.

The first of the many incidents she is going to learn which got erased from her memory.

" wahja?..wajha toh mujhe bhi nahi pata .. aap Mimi ke birthday ke do din ke baad achanak mere paas aayi aur baatya ki aaj ke baad hum dono humare naam ke aage se ji hata dethe. Isliye hata diya" he briefed the incident truthfully.

" But that incident really made us close" he said looking lost in distance .

" I mean close friends " he corrected before she caught on this folly too.

So we went from being friends to close friends?

" Chaliye.. kahaani time over for today. Doctor has advised to take it slow. Akshara ji, ye lijiye tablet, ye khake chup chaap so lijiye" he said diverting her attention from the topic.