Part 19 - The Green eyed Monster

Abhinav gave a friendly pat on Suhaana's shoulder breaking the hug. He took a look at his wife's face who was still standing in her place  . She was staring at them with a mix of curiosity and shock.

" Hi Suhaana.. what a suprise .. how are you?" Abhinav politely enquired.

" I am good yaar... tu bata ..looks like you have lost a lot of weight from last time I saw you... how are things going... never thought I would meet you here.." Suhaana said passing a radiant smile.

" I'm good" Abhinav kept his reply short .

" Ok.. but is your wife angry on me? She refuses to even acknowledge me...my little heart broke" She pulled a puppy face.

" Drama bandh kar... come " Abhinav and Suhaana walked upto the place where Akshara was standing holding the garden hose in a tight grip.

" Akshara,  this is Suhaana... Suhaana, Muskaan and I grew up together in Kasauli before her family moved to other town" Abhinav introduced her to Akshara.

" Abhinav, what is going on.. why are you introducing us as if this is our first meet?" A visibly confused Suhaana leaned in near Abhinav's ear and asked.

The grip on the hose tightened further.

" Wo.. suhaana.. some days back Akshara met with an accident in which she lost her memory of last 6 months. " Abhinav explained briefly.

" Omg.. I'm really sorry.. I didn't know.. what happened... how are you now?" Suhaana asked a slew of questions to Akshara.

Akshara passed a quick smile to her and nodded. She looked at Abhinav for more details.

" I met her last month by chance in Udaipur.. I bought her here and you guys met then.. " Abhinav clarified.

" Oh..ok..

I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. It must have been weird right? Anyways, good to meet you Suhaana.. I'm Akshara A..." Akshara introduced herself

" Akshara Abhinav Sharma.. Haan haan patha hai.." Akshara was suprised on how she knew she was going to introduce herself with her full name. Abhinav tried to stifle a laugh recollecting how Akshara had reacted last time when Suhaana came.

" waise how did this happen.. and Navi it must have been a tough time for you.. sorry for not being there " Suhaana took Abhinav's hand and patted it in comfort.

Suddenly the hose flew out of Akshara's hand not able to withstand the pressure on it spreading water everywhere.

" Aree bhagwan.. so sorry.. the hose slipped off my hand.. let's go inside .. i will get you a towel" Akshara made up a reason and pulled Suhaana along with her . She herself wasn't sure where it was intentional or just an mistake on the stranger she didn't seem to like so much for reasons unknown to her.

**************************************

Following a brief round of greetings and hugs , the Goenkas and the Sharmas along with Suhaana settled down along with their cups of chai to have a chit chat.

" Suhaana di, last time you escaped saying you have an important meeting. This time you should stay for lunch. " Muskaan insisted.

" Theek hai Muskie.. no worries I don't have any appointments today.. now that Navi is also here I would love to spend my whole day with my childhood besties" Suhaana put an arm over both of them .

" Abhinav..aren't you  getting late for work" Akshara announced trying to be casual.

" Navi.. you work here? I thought you had taxi buisness back at home " Suhaana enquired.