Part 23 - Never let go

Hi guys,
Sorry for the very late update.
Been extra busy with personal life.
Unfortunately,  it's going to be the same for some more time.
I would be able to provide regular updates only after April 20th.
Till then it's going to be here and there , whenever I can. So please bear with me but I won't be abandoning the tag with incomplete stories.
I'm thankful to the people who had messaged me personally to check on me. Sorry I wasn't able to reply. Thanks.❤️
**************************************

" Jaan,I love you too"

Akshara's self ranting came to a abrupt stop hearing his words. She looked into his eyes which only reflected pure love for her.

" Jaan?" She asked curiously, her doe shaped eyes getting bigger.  Abhinav's hands which were still cupping her cheeks made her look adorable.

Lost in her cuteness, he nodded his head in a yes

" Aap toh mere Jaan hai Akshara" he added reassuring with his eyes.

" Aap sach mei mujhse pyaar karte hai?" She questioned still not believing her ears.

His hand slid from her cheeks to her arms taking her hands into his, he slowly touched her forehead with his.

" I love you Akshara " he repeated closing his eyes as their foreheads met.

A single tear made its way from her eyes. The pounding ache in her heart gave way to the bubbling happiness.  She closed her eyes too savoring the moment.

After a minute they parted, both smiling end to end like love struck teenagers.

" Abhinav, have we confessed earlier too? I mean,  before the accident.." Akshara asked breaking their eyelock .

" Haan.. wo.. yes we did .. " Abhinav kept his answer brief as Akshara opened her mouth like a gaping fish suprised by the new revelation.

" Tho Aap ne bathaya kyun nahi?" She wondered scrunching her face.

" Akshara.. I didn't want to force you to feel the love for me. I was waiting for atleast some of your old memories to revert back so that I can open this topic. Without you remembering anything, our love would have been like another information to you.
Now that I think of this,  you loving me again without gaining your memory , it feels magical.  Like we are meant to be" Abhinav smiled clutching her hand tightly.

" Yes Abhinav.. we are always meant to be" Akshara smiled and nodded her head .

" Waise Abhinav.. I want to know all about our love story.. fill me in from the starting " Akshara ordered crossing her legs on the sofa.

" Itni badi kahaani bhi nahi hai ji.. it only happened a week before the accident" Abhinav said relaxing himself to the same position as hers.

" Chotta ya bada.. what's ours would have been beautiful.. tell me now please" she pleaded

" Ok... but promise you won't ģet angry on me after hearing it. I had done some pretty stupid things in the past " Abhinav put down a disclaimer.

Akshara looked at him curiously silently wondering what he had done , gestured him to continue.

" Well, do you remember Muskaan saying how during Saale saab- Muskaan's marriage ,Manjari ji tried to manipulate my mind that you and Abhir are Abhimanyu's family and not mine?"

Akshara nodded, recaping her meeting with Abhimanyu that morning and him begging for the same.

" I kind of got swayed by her words and planned to leave you & Abhir,to go somewhere else. After the marriage ceremony ended, everyone in the house had gone to Mata's temple when I packed my bags and was about to leave.. "