Part 22 - The Nightmare

"Hello Abhinav .. mei Akshara bol rahi hoon" Akshara said as soon as the phone clicked not waiting for the other person to speak.

" Akshara.. Abhinav has gone outside for some work . Since his phone was out of charge, he kept it on charge and left. " Neelamma's voice came out of the other end.

Akshara's heart fell. She wanted to speak her heart out to Abhinav.

" Oh..  theek hai neelamma. Aap kaise hai?" She asked.

" Mei theek hun bachchi.. tu bata.. how are you? Abhinav said you had doctor's appointment today. He was even trying to call you to enquire about it but I guess the line didn't connect ." Neelamma replied .

" Mei bilkul theek hun Neelamma. Since I was at the hospital I couldn't pick up the phone."  Akshara said.

" Oh theek hai beta.. everything is all right na? Your voice is not normal" Neelamma questioned concerned.

" Wo.. kuch nahi hai Neelamma "

" Beta.. mei Muskaan ke saath saath tumhari bhi dadi hai.. sach bata" Neelama said in an authoritative tone.

Akshara smiled at the phone, ever since she had moved to kasauli from Pathankhot along with Abhinav and Abhir, Neelamma had accepted them as a part of her family. She played a huge role in raising Abhir , taking care of him everytime she had to cook or make jams. She loved Abhir as her own grandkid and adored him so much. She was really greatful to the relationships Abhinav had introduced in her life. Both Muskaan and Neelamma are such gems as Abhinav himself was.

" Dar lag raha hai Neelamma.. bahut daar lag raha hai... I feel like I am hurting Abhinav due to my actions and I'm afraid he will go away from me " Akshara confessed her fears .

" Beta.. this is not the first time you are telling this to me.. I will give you the same advice I gave you last time.  Akshara,  if you are sure about what you want then don't worry about what might go wrong. For Abhinav,  you and Abhir mean everything, he will even give up his life without a question if it comes to both of you.  Don't overthink, just try to be certain of your feelings " Neelamma advised .

" Thanks Neelamma . Speaking to you has unburdened my heart " Akshara expressed her gratitude.

" Theek hai beta.. I will ask Abhinav to call  when he comes back. Chinta mat kar. Good bye " Neelamma said cutting the call.

Akshara spent some time with Abhir in her room, her eyes fully concentrated on the phone. To her dismay the phone never buzzed, she tossed her phone on the couch to take off her mind and took Abhir downstairs for lunch.

After feeding Abhir and having her own she moved to her room , and took her law book and started studying.

**************************************

Akshara was walking on a familiar road. It was the pathway to their house in Kasauli . Excited to see her husband, she quickened her pace and reached their house. It looked serene as it always was.

She walked into their garden. She looked around to see the Jhoola that her husband made for her with so much love was missing . Feeling disappointed, she enetred the house.

The house looked different, the layout was the same but the decorations and the interior was unfamiliar.  She looked at the wall behind the fireplace and was taken aback. The photoframes on the side of Abhinav's photo now contained a picture of a different woman and a 3 year old toddler.  Stunned, she ran inside the hallway.

As she reached the sofa, she heard some sounds coming from the kitchen. She turned around to see the women in the photo standing near the stove making tea, Abhinav was hugging her from the side and carrying a toddler in his other hand and playing with him.