V. The Endless Journey

The arrival at the CDC brought a mixture of emotions for the group

The arrival at the CDC brought a mixture of emotions for the group. As they stand inside the imposing building, they were filled with hope and uncertainty, their hearts heavy with anticipation.

They wondered if the CDC held the key to understanding the origin of the apocalypse. They longed for an explanation, a way to understand the apocalyptic world they found themselves in, the nature of the virus that had turned people into the undead, and perhaps even a way to reverse the devastation.

However, they had learned to expect the unexpected, and entering the CDC was no guarantee of salvation or enlightenment. They knew that the journey ahead might raise more questions than it'll answer, and the challenges they would face within those walls were still unknown.

Amidst the mix of hope and uncertainty, the group stands together. They were prepared to face whatever awaited them within the CDC, united by their determination to find a safe haven in the mist of chaos.

With bated breaths, they walk further into the CDC, ready to confront whatever lays ahead. Their journey was far from over, and the mysteries of their world were about to unravel further.

"Daryl, you cover the back." Shane demands, the group holding their weapons in their hands as they look around the building. "Hello? Hello?"

"Close those doors. Watch for walkers." Madeleine calls out, an arrow resting on the bow and the women is prepared to fire it at any moment.

A sudden and ominous sound fills the air— the unmistakable cocking of a gun. Every member of the group instinctively turns toward the source of the sound, their senses on high alert.

Madeleine, with her protective instincts kicking in, takes a stand in front of her little brother. Lori, standing behind Madeleine, keeps a protective grip on her son in complete worry.

The men in the group move forward, assuming defensive postures, ready to confront the stranger. The tension in the air is palpable as they wait to see what this newcomer's intentions are, and the unknown stranger with the gun holds the power to determine the outcome of their encounter.

"Anybody infected?" The man with the shotgun calls out, Madeleine raising her bow up when he keeps pointing his gun at them.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick replies, his weapon aimed at the unknown man.

The nameless man walks closer to the group, slightly placing his gun down. "Why are you here? What do you want?"

"A chance." Rick speaks with an assertive tone, not looking away from the possible threat the man might be to them.

The man scoffs, "That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know."

He proceeds to observe each of them as if he was making a mental note of how many they were, which rubbed off Madeleine in the wrong way even when he spoke up again. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."