LXX. The Angel of Death

The woman looms over the slumbering figure, her gaze searing into the dimly lit cell, the faint glow casting unsettling shadows across the cell

The woman looms over the slumbering figure, her gaze searing into the dimly lit cell, the faint glow casting unsettling shadows across the cell. Behind her, Alita watches with narrowed eyes, her stance poised and alert. The echo of footsteps down the corridor draws their attention momentarily, a tense silence punctuated only by the soft breathing of the sleeping figure.

"Even I will admit it's creepy watching someone sleep," Negan's voice breaks through the quiet, his approach drawing the woman's attention.

She turns to face him, arms crossed defensively, a glint of steel reflecting in the dim light as she shows him the knife she had been holding.

Negan raises an eyebrow at her, his gaze flicking to Alita, who responds with an indifferent shrug. "You came to kill her?"

"I was thinking about it," Madeleine replies coolly, her eyes never leaving Negan's as he takes the knife from her grasp. "But I will admit... sometimes we're on the same page. We can use her against them."

Negan takes a dangerous step closer, the space between them shrinking to mere inches. "You fit in here so easily, you can see why I'm suspicious," he murmurs, his gaze probing hers for any sign of deception.

Madeleine scoffs derisively, her voice dripping with bitter irony. "I'm loyal, aren't I?"

"You certainly bring that to the table," Negan acknowledges with a nod, his tone admiring as he takes a deliberate step back, his gaze flickering towards Sasha confined within the cell. "No guilt for betraying your people?" he probes, his words cutting through the air like a sharpened blade.

Madeleine shrugs nonchalantly, her features betraying no hint of remorse as she meets Negan's gaze. "They have to adjust to the new order, like we all did." she states matter-of-factly, her voice devoid of emotion.

Negan's lips curl into an impressed smirk, a glint of admiration shining in his eyes as he bangs his hands against the cell door, jolting Sasha awake. The confusion on Sasha's face is palpable as she stares up at the two figures looming over her.

"Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life, Sasha," Negan announces triumphantly, his voice carrying an air of authority. With a snap of his fingers, Sergio enters the room, placing a platter of food before Sasha. "You are gonna help make sure things get back on track today. You are smart, hot as hell, dignified as shit, and you don't suffer one goddamn fool." Sergio stands stoically beside Alita as Negan moves closer to Sasha, crouching down to her eye level. "No one's gonna wanna watch you die. I don't wanna see that. So you don't have to," he assures her, his voice softening slightly with faux compassion.

"But someone does," Madeleine interjects, all eyes turn to her as she steps forward, her gaze fixed on Sasha with a chilling intensity. "Maybe a couple."

Negan turns his attention back to Sasha, who remains stoic, her gaze fixed on the floor. "But not you and not most people. We are gonna help solve some shit," he declares, standing tall and gesturing towards the platter of food. With a flourish, the woman removes the top cover to reveal a plate piled high with pancakes. "Tuck in. Big day," he adds, his tone surprisingly casual given the circumstances.